Recommend me some footpegs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomLum

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Recently bought a 2015 S1k and similar to alot of other people ive noticed how slippery the stock footpegs are! Would love a set of HP4 rearsets but cant justify the expense for the extra grip.

Assuming I can just swap the stock pegs for something aftermarket, does anyone have any recommendations? Gripper the better :)

Tom

Gilles do replacement pegs...if you don't want to go for full on rearsets

- Alex

Simple yes.
I've not looked at stock pegs for a long time but imagine they use a circlip and pin. Others will correct me shortly.

- Alex

Hi Tom, in the long run I think you might regret not saving up for some rear sets as they give a bit of extra adjustability whether that's for a bit of extra leg room or a bit more clearnace on track, you don't have to spend ?500 on new HP's, go secondhand or look at other aftermarket brands

Hi Tom, in the long run I think you might regret not saving up for some rear sets as they give a bit of extra adjustability whether that's for a bit of extra leg room or a bit more clearnace on track, you don't have to spend ?500 on new HP's, go secondhand or look at other aftermarket brands

I will take a look at some rear sets. The rear brake leaver is a pig to use (also see other complaining about this). Rear sets would solve this issue too.

So glad of this post, i thought it was my 5yr old boots causig the slidiness on the pegs.
And i also have the rear brake issue. The lever itself is too low and actually cant raise any higher

So glad of this post, i thought it was my 5yr old boots causig the slidiness on the pegs.
And i also have the rear brake issue. The lever itself is too low and actually cant raise any higher

Totally agree! After some searching there are loads of posts about these two issues. Sounds like rear sets are the answer.

135401035_500.jpg

Anyone got these ones? Made by lextek. But alot of chinese makers too...bot aure on quality. But priced at 150quid

I know many will scold me for suggesting it, but the el cheapo Chinese are not that bad, yes they are soft and if you crash they will most lightly bend and break, but they won't break the bank and certainly won't break the frame.

Yes their quality is not on par with Gilles, Lighttech and the rest of the top shelf ones, but they work perfectly well, you'll get at least 3 sets for the price of 1 top one. But you won't have the street cred. They are strong enough to take my 100kg plus kit on track at rookie race speeds/lap times

Yea ive seen loads of the chinese ones. Including HP4 "style" ones. Just wasnt sure weather theyd be made of kit kat wrappers or not haha

I changed mine 3 mnths ago. Really well made (english company). Go to their webb page and have a look
6f399679d90ca7cf1740bd14177332b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gia moto

Gia moto

Looking at this first off, I thought they had to be Italian, but as you rightly say they are English.

Had never heard of these guys Pof but just had a good look at their stuff and it looks TOP Quality. The fact that they will supply you with a single replacement bolt to a full single or pair or rearsets, speaks volumes to me. It shows their commitment to quality, the customer and not a shareholder.

The machining on the products is exceptional, I won't change from oem on my HP4, but if I had a bike that I was customising I don't think I would go past these guys now.

Thanks for the heads up.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
They are great mate. Like all rear sets all bolts need lock tite but apart from that the mechanisms are super smooth and feel really solid. Ive had gilles and ive had Chinese and these beat both hands down

Back