BMW Street Helmet

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRH72

Reaction score
New bike = new matching helmet. BMW make a 'Street' helmet that matches (yes I am a geek) the Motorad Sport colour scheme. Seems to be well priced. However, never seen anyone wearing a BMW helmet and perhaps wrongly, I have taken this as a bad sign. Any experience of said helmets on here? Thank you. Over and out.

I have a BMW Race helmet as well as a Shoei Xspirit 3. I really like the race helmet, but find it quite noisy.

My OH has a Street X helmet in the black and yellow design. It?s worth knowing they are made by Shark and are the same as one of their previous models. I forget which one.
She absolutely loves it and I?m more than happy with her wearing it (safety wise).
It?s got space for a comms kit too and what I find very interesting is she finds she never needs earplugs. She rides too and doesn?t find it is too loud and doesn?t move around at speed.

Unfortunately I can?t get one to fit my head otherwise I could give a personal experience of it. But all I can say is try one for size and if you like it, go for it :) especially if you like/ are happy with the quality and build of Shark helmets.

I wear BMW and Schuberth helmets as they fit my bounce perfectly. Never had any issues with either the race or the GS Enduro. Just bought a race helmet yesterday for a young Ministox driver that I sponsor, I high rate the top end helmets, never tried a street one though.

As a matter of interest virtually all competitors at this years Winter Olympics wore BMW Race helmets in the Bobsleigh. Most were discretely disguised as to not show the brand but the British team just stuck black duck tape over the BMW logo.

How very Heath Robinson, lol.

JimmyMac

Just found the photo of the British adapted BMW race helmet, appeals to me.

0cd2b3e1a5f9fd2f1ca9bf50122adb9a.jpg

Team Canada obviously got a bit more sponsorship from Bavaria, not half as classy as us though, lol.

160e43ecf0a97265605181b8c2916be6.jpg

JimmyMac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back