RR Newbie.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CalS1K

Reaction score
Hello guys

Picking up my first 17 RR next week, excited doesn't cut it!!:fat:

After a while of not being able to decide on the racing colours or the red/white/black I've opted for the latter.

Its stock bar HP rear sets, leavers and screen. Definitely got a tail tidy and pipe at the front of the mod list!!

Any noob S1K advice much appreciated.

Cheers :eek:nthego:

Welcome to the forum Cal and congratulations on your new RR!

Enjoy the anticipation as you await the collection of your new steed!

Advice ... just enjoy [emoji41]

I would recommend radiator guards and GB Racing engine case covers.

What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily and what is your riding background?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Last edited:
Hi Cal, welcome to the site. Lots of knowledge on here to tap into.

Oli gives the best advice in “just enjoy” certainly works for me.

JimmyMac

Hi Oli

Yeah their both on my list too. Mostly road riding with a few track days when i can. This will be my 5th year on the road but been on mx bikes since i was little.

Thanks for the nice welcome:friendly_wink:

Hi Oli

Yeah their both on my list too. Mostly road riding with a few track days when i can. This will be my 5th year on the road but been on mx bikes since i was little.

Thanks for the nice welcome:friendly_wink:

That?s great, sounds like you and I have similar biking backgrounds. I?m in my 6th year on the road and started out with MX and Enduro riding too

- Oli

I'm in the same boat. Had my RR for about 10wks now changing from a Street Triple and absolutely love it. Also only been riding for about 5 years. My advice, go steady and remember the throttle goes both ways - the bike is plenty quick enough without going bananas. The bike is absolutely clinical and flatters noobs like me. You will love it.

Thank Phil

Im based up in the Scottish Borders, some great roads round here! :encouragement:

Agreed, I love the road to Bellingham B6320 then left to Stannersburn and Kielder,then the B6357 to Connbie is also a great road, have you ridden around there?

Back