How to change running lights? 2015 Gen 3

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomLum

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive recently bought a 2015 RR and have some LED lights to swap out the yellow ones. I took the caps off the back of the headlight and its so impossibly tight! Am I missing something? Whats the recommended approach for changing the running lights?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Hi Tom, yes it's very tight in there, no real easy way but give yourself the maximum room by moving the handle bars to the side.

Not much help, but it's all I have. Good luck.

JimmyMac

Hi Tom, yes it's very tight in there, no real easy way but give yourself the maximum room by moving the handle bars to the side.

Not much help, but it's all I have. Good luck.

JimmyMac

I was afraid of that! Good to know im not missing something obvious. And do they just pull out or is it a twist fitting?

Using one finger you unclip the little sprung clip holding the back of the lamp, lift it back and the lamp should pull out unhindered.

If if you are having difficulty seeing what’s going on in there, unplug the lamp and take a photo of the insides with your phone and it might make more sense.

JimmyMac

Using one finger you unclip the little sprung clip holding the back of the lamp, lift it back and the lamp should pull out unhindered.

If if you are having difficulty seeing what’s going on in there, unplug the lamp and take a photo of the insides with your phone and it might make more sense.

JimmyMac

Is this not the main headlight bulb? I un did the spring clip holding the main lamp in and removed that to try and get access to the small running light. Does the small bulb just pull out or is it a clip of some sort?

I did it! Happy with how its come out. What a pig of a job though :disgust:

IMG_0884_zpsxaak3tts.jpg

IMG_0886_zpspxehy65l.jpg

i had some in mine, you can get canbus friendly t10 bulbs no probs, the 2 I've tried have both failed quickly, the previous set were ok for years but do throw the bulb failure unless your in slick mode when it's supressed - just put the ordinary ones back in after the head fell off one on our ride out last week!

Use the Philips ceralight ones,choice of colour temp,look great when fitted and no bulb fault on dash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll be interested to see how these last. When I fitted a pair the heat and vibration caused them to disintegrate. All the bits fell to the bottom of the light cluster. I then had to spend ages using a stick with sticky tape on the end fishing the bits out :-(

I did it! Happy with how its come out. What a pig of a job though :disgust:

IMG_0884_zpsxaak3tts.jpg

IMG_0886_zpspxehy65l.jpg
What did you change?? The running short and tall lamp?? Or the position lamp only?

Does it make good light in the night??

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

I'll be interested to see how these last. When I fitted a pair the heat and vibration caused them to disintegrate. All the bits fell to the bottom of the light cluster. I then had to spend ages using a stick with sticky tape on the end fishing the bits out :-(

Well now im worried! They look to be decent quality, I guess time will tell :)

What did you change?? The running short and tall lamp?? Or the position lamp only?

Does it make good light in the night??

Ive only changed the small running lights, not the main headlights. Only cosmetic and offer no light on the road itself. Ive just ordered some white Philips headlights to match.

Ive only changed the small running lights, not the main headlights. Only cosmetic and offer no light on the road itself. Ive just ordered some white Philips headlights to match.
But, when you turn on the bike, they look white + yellow of the headlights, no??

Latest posts

Back