Hi!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbo s2

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

on holiday day at the moment; when I return I have a day of test rides which will almost certainly end with me purchsseing a gen 3 s2000rr, brand new or a one year old example in the local dealer.

plan is to run on the road for a bit to get used to it, then rip off the road gear and replace with bodywork from sheeps fairings, gb engine covers, axle protectors, mhp exhaust and cat replacement pipe, and my Brembo brake mc and clutch perch. I?m sure I have a load of ti bolts that will fit too!! Then it?s a set of slicks and hit snetterton!

any thing wrong with my plan, or something I?ve forgotten?

tim

Hi nothing forgotten but i bet a 2000cc bike is a handful on the track

Welcome,
I'd add some grippier foot pegs from Gilles (straight replacement) and some rad guards but otherwise you're good to go. FYI stock suspension is generally weighted for a 90kg road rider...so that may need a change of springs if you're much lighter.

Welcome to the forum Tim!

Your plan sounds good to me, only other thing I?d recommend is some tank traction pads from the likes of StompGrip et al.
Hope you?re onboard an RR in the near future and that you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information

- Oli

Last edited:
Thanks, was looking at Rearsets though css or Gilles footpegs would certainly be cheaper! I have a few sets of stompgrips on the garage already and I’m sure one will fit! Don’t like to ride without them!

Hi nothing forgotten but i bet a 2000cc bike is a handful on the track

Made me laugh.

Welcome Timbo, great to have you here as a member, if delving deep into the workings of the S1000RR remember that as a premium member you get access to Tech. handbooks and discounts off certain manufacturers which may be of interest for your fettling.

Big welcome mate.

JimmyMac

Bike purchased today. Engine Cases and Frame protectors on the way. Traction grips and crash mushrooms to be acquired next...
Congrats Timbo.
Pics of your pride and joy please or it didn't happen, Lol.
Enjoy the bike. Where you based? What sort of riding do you do? Looks like you do track days from your avatar...
H

I'll stick up a photo when it gets home (i'm in no real rush), though it will be partially stripped fairly soon to trial fit track fairings before they go to paint...

I'm probably 80% track, 20% road. I live very close to Snetterton so that will be its second home!

Back