Hello

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7 CDB

Reaction score
Hello good S1000rr people !

Just ordered a new toy from Marshall Bmw yesterday, pick it up in a week or so....S1000rr sport in Motorrad colours. First bike since selling my 1198 6 years ago. Thought I may as well jump back in with two feet....šŸ˜‚ based in Lincoln so will be up for a meet when I?ve finished cacking myself. Just a toy and at 46 I am officially a ?born again? just like the ones I used to pissed myself at years ago.

First question, Best place for insurance for old farts?

Cheers

gonna have a look through the forum and try and add much drivel where possible šŸ‘

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

Great welcome post, enjoy the anticipation as you await the collection of your new steed [emoji41]

You have nothing to fear re RR?s, they are remarkably approachable and well rounded bikes to ride.

With regard to insurance, I would recommend you give BeMoto a call. They are one of our forum vendors and routinely provide class leading quotes.
In my experience MCE is always a winner too, with regard to the quote, not the service ...
If you?re interested, check out the link below to find out more information on forum Premier Membership, there are numerous benefits [emoji6]

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?6735-Premier-Membership-What-is-it

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Last edited:
well hello picked my rr up from marshals a few weeks back its in for 1st service on wed .. from Lincoln as well see you at the woods lol

Thanks for the welcome, yeh forum looks just the job for the me! And thanks for the insurance tips. I gonna have a good look when I get the Reg No through

cheers

Alright fella, Iā€™m not a true yellowbelly as only lived here 3 1/2 years but we love the place �� lads at Marshallā€™s seem ok. Must of been the easiest sale for them on Sat thatā€™s for sure, gone with an RR as felt like an old 600 to sit on and not great at doing things by halves.....

can you let let me know what sort of run in they are re rpm etc and the cost for the 600 mike service. I bet you canā€™t wait for the first run after ����������

thanks for the welcome

I am not a true yellow belly either but lived here donkeys years . The ecu is restricted till 1st service the rev limit light comes on . On 1st service i think when they plug it in it releases it and they also put a red chip in to give you loads of other settings . run in is between 450 and 750 they told me and its around the ?150 mark .

just on a insurance note i had to change as the company that did my blade said no to bmw (muppets) so i did comparisons and mcn was bast for me with go skippy . not a bad policy either with low excess .

I am not a true yellow belly either but lived here donkeys years . The ecu is restricted till 1st service the rev limit light comes on . On 1st service i think when they plug it in it releases it and they also put a red chip in to give you loads of other settings . run in is between 450 and 750 they told me and its around the ?150 mark .

just on a insurance note i had to change as the company that did my blade said no to bmw (muppets) so i did comparisons and mcn was bast for me with go skippy . not a bad policy either with low excess .

nice one cheers I will try a few quotes

Well, new RR is going well 600 happy miles on it so far, going in for its 1st service on Thursday. Canā€™t wait for the full power version
Absolutley loving the thing and even after popping into Moto Italia in Lincoln over the weekend (always had a thing for the red ones) to look at the V4s, really couldnā€™t think of a better toy for me. That and the fact that I couldnā€™t justify (afford) ?23k on a bike!!!
Might get them to replace the end can whilst itā€™s in for its service?? Is there any movement for the price of the Akros they have in there ?

Back