SP Blade

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Sat on this on Friday up at the Welly... it felt right, maybe something to do with my 8 years previous Fireblade ownership.

Had an identical SP out last year from Vic Devines in Glasgow for 1 hour !... again it felt good as per my posts on here....hope our 19 model has as pretty a dash, but I gotta be honest I do have a wee soft spot for Fireblades..
ce0427feb674b883282b7d82d2a0d45e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My boss has an SP2 he's still deciding if he should track it or save it.

As they can't sell the 42 allocated to the UK already I think he's leaning towards thrashing it :)

- Alex

My boss has an SP2 he's still deciding if he should track it or save it.

As they can't sell the 42 allocated to the UK already I think he's leaning towards thrashing it :)

- Alex
Really..they struggling to move them on, whats the reason...McGuinness's gearbox issues impacting on sales maybe ?

You can get those SP's new with a ?3-4k discount...
The guy bought it as against an RR..as there are too many RRs on the road..according to him, which I'm not sure I agree with.

I did ask what he paid, I'm sure he said 18k odds possibly he got a discounted one Mac..

Really..they struggling to move them on, whats the reason...McGuinness's gearbox issues impacting on sales maybe ?

Both Johns and Guys crash at the TT might have damaged the sales Stuart, I know I'd be a bit cautious after both the incidents, especially when there are other cracking bikes available.

Know own what you mean about the blades though, I still love the HRC paintjob from McGuinesses TT bike.

JimmyMac

I think the main issue us that the Blade doesn't offer good value for money against the competition, despite all the tinsel the SP can't do anything a much cheaper Sthou, GSXR can't do and its not 'special' in the way an RC30 was. The R1M has the same problem to a lesser extent.

Indeed at 22.5 the sp2 makes little sense unless you are backed by Honda to race it.

- Alex

How much is a decent spec'd RR ? The SP I had a shot on was 19k and some odds.. pretty sure that was theshow room price.

Last edited:
RR out of the dealer is 18.5k with forged rims
The SP at 19k makes little sense.

But picking up a 2 y/o for track work might be an idea as they depreciate quickly

- Alex

Cheapest new SP on ebay ?16995, I bet you could get one for less, no discounted new Sthou's on there at the moment but I'm sure a deal could be had.

Careful Stuart, Andy might chuck you off the forum, he can't stand people who don't have an RR or HP4...(cough)
Met some local guys at Snetterton yesterday, all on S1000RR's. One of them (an occasional visitor of the forum apparently, howdy Darren) got his RR at Christmas for a touch under ?13K, pre-registered but with no miles on it. I wonder if these deals will be possible again when this season ends in the run up to the gen 4 bike coming out.
At that price, nothing comes even close.

Performance Bikes ran the new Blade as a Long Term bike - they didn't like it. It was the standard bike so was very poor VFM (no quick shifter, auto bliper etc. etc. - typical Honda). The main reason PB didn't like it was the inconsistent throttle connection. They thought the traction control / electronics were tying each other up in knots and making it inconsistent. They put a Rapid Bike fueling module on it and it was sorted. Which is mad considering the wealth of knowledge Honda have in Motogp. Since it was released I've only ever seen one new Blade on the road - which speaks volumes.

I agree..very few around, 10 years ago blades were everywhere...complacency maybe...or just better products elsewhere..

Budgies got a great story about Suzuki personel at the TT, I like the look of the new Gixxer and Mac on here seems happy with his, but I don't see a lot around...

Or the market just isn't that hot for Superbikes?

Adv's have surely taken over for the roads.

I don't know what the latest UK bike sales figures look like but you don't see many new big bikes full stop. I've seen a quite a lot of new Yam MT's , naked Z's and those GXS1000's this summer which I guess tick the box on price as well as being on trend.

Kind of makes sense all of that...I do know s/h prices for sportsbikes are very healthy...

Interesting, its not unreasonable.
The next RR should have similar power.
The new ram air effect at high speed will provide a lot of it.

- Alex

Back