New member message

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hello forum members. Please let me give a little information about myself and bike.
I bought the bike new back in Feb '15, bought all the options and pleased I did, as HP4 wheels and discs were worth it. Suspension and engine night and day from my K5 1000, put 7500 miles on it, but soon got points, had done maybe 5 trackdays previously, so booked inters at Silverstone. So impressed with bike, less so with the photos, was given some good advice and booked a eurotrackday. With these you have 4/5 days to improve, 8 events later I've finally done that, and moved up a group. Bike is fitted with track fairings now, full akro, clipons, and slicks, and stays over there in Spain. Improving means I need some better warmers, and an Alpha fork sensor kit.

Good intro mate cheers... K5s a great machine too.

Enjoy the forum, lots of track monkeys on here and Jimmy Mac...actually watch out for him and don't take any SNASH off him....

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks stuartb, love the HP4carbon, mine's a bit of a faux carbon, has the HP4 alike track fairings, I'll upload a pic when admin sets up my acc

Hi David, welcome to the site, getting points is not much fun and I'm glad you are getting the most out of your bike on track.

Look forward to seeing some pics but no matter how much he begs you, Do Not send Stuart pics of your sister, he will offer you bacon rolls, cheeseburgers and other bribes but she'll never speak to you again .

Enjoy the forum.

JimmyMac

Welcome to the forum David and congratulations on your new HP4!

As Stuart and Jimmy say, great intro and Avatar respectively.

Am very glad to hear you?re throughly enjoying your HP4, and I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

welcome! when is your next track day ?

Hi, thank you everyone for all the warm welcomes, it's been a really nice surprise. The bikes at Almeria in Spain, I was last there on a 5 day event in April, and 3 weeks prior to that on a 4 day Almeria event. It's been parked over there last winter, and the winter before, but at least in '17 Focused shipped it back for the UK trackday season after that years April Almeria date. I didn't bring it back in April this year because I switched cars, and I didn't want to install a hitch on the new car (turns out it wont accept a hitch). The whole trailer/hitch thing brought with it a few negatives for me. The first '17 UK date at Silverstone didn't work out that well, I was struggling getting the bike up the ramp onto the trailer, 5 in the morning's not my best time of the day, and what with the camber of my street, and my state of mind, dropped the bike off the trailer. Yea, bent a 90 degree angle in the clipon, scratches all down left side of fairings, scratches to alternator cover etc ! Bollocks, ha ha.
So for '18 I made the difficult decision to leave the UK's summer events, (not f***g easy), and do the two April dates, followed by a five dayer in October. So yea, next trackday not till 8th October, and I'm feel'n it bad.
Sorry if I've rambled a bit bmwbadboy

Back