Captive spacers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Life changers these...thanks Paul !
212549390ac697dd19beaf9c85ba2bf4.jpg
4e8c4a7221b6db6c96891104e2da261a.jpg
c8a95cc626ea74121efa44abb9df8503.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brill, I’ve ordered a second set.
So easy, I’ve no idea why they dont come from the factory with these fitted??

Keeps the caliper and carrier in place. Yes makes life a whole lot easier.

Basically spin the spindle so but is on the caliper side. Drill the chain adjuster block and calliper carrier and tap the carrier. Counter sunk bolt so it's flush and bolt them together.

Captive Wheel Spacers

Effectively its a cheap way of making a quick release rear axle as the brake caliper is retained in place when you remove the spindle and wheel. The rear wheel simply slots back into place and you then just push the spindle through and torque it.

Bought a set of these a while ago on recommendation of Loupe & Stuart. Used them for the first time yesterday when changing wheels & what a difference! So much easier than faffing with the oem ones.

Bought a set of these a while ago on recommendation of Loupe & Stuart. Used them for the first time yesterday when changing wheels & what a difference! So much easier than faffing with the oem ones.
Yup, Dummy Tits and Captive Spacers best few quid a man can spend...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

theres an easy mod you can do to help wheel changes a lot,basically makes the rear caliper captive,along with captive spacers makes it almost "quick release".

needs a little drilling but very easy to do

Any idea what the largest outside diameter is? I’m going to order some bar stock and make some captive spacers up when I’m home

Back