Captive spacers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupe

Reaction score
Wow.
How easy to change a wheel now, no blood sweat and tears.
Took me longer to align the old spacers and get the wheel spindle in than doing the complete wheel change now.
If you have them you will smile and say yep, been using them for years.
If you don?t have them, get them!

cd209773f9b73f398327d2fe1c8a4156.jpg
80a2c3e644070f2a515288475f29f81f.jpg

Hey Mac,
eBay for ?30. I’ve ordered another pair for the spare set.
Alpha we’re about ?70 a set so I decided I’d try these first.

Paul whats the difference with the ones the bike comes with...they just look like my ones..

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

No difference Stu, apart from these are Matt black and have a small lip on the outer edge to hold the spacers in place.

I’ve ran these for a while and it makes wheel changing so much easier.

I like the sound of that...they are a pure pest to keep seated while trying to get the wheel, rear pads, axle pin all lined up. One of those jobs where you need three hands.

I like the sound of that...they are a pure pest to keep seated while trying to get the wheel, rear pads, axle pin all lined up. One of those jobs where you need three hands.

Absolutely! It was a joy to change the wheel over this time and so easy. I've literally had sweat from my brow dripping onto the tyre on some previous wheel changes when the spindle is almost through but the spacer has been pushed out at an angle and is stuck as you try to hold the wheel, manoeuvre it about and wiggle the bloody spindle!

Yup been there...sweat and associated harsh language about womens vaginas and all sorts from my foul tongue....any images of the OE and these side by side so I can see the diff ? I'll order a set anyhow based on your posts..

Last edited:
Yup been there...sweat and associated harsh language about womens vaginas and all sorts from my foul tongue....any images of the OE and these side by side so I can see the diff ? I'll order a set anyhow based on your posts..

Sorry Stu I never took a pic when comparing. The only difference is a small outer lip on the side which fits into the wheel. Just enough to hold it in place when pushed into the rubber bush? (not sure if that's the correct word).
I ordered these to try as the seller didn't know if they would fit my bike.
They are listed as HP4 2012. but I took calliper over them and compared to what I already had.
The wheels on my 2015 are the same as the original HP ones.

Sounds like a bike tyre changing episode of Scottish Peppa Pig ;)

Captive Wheel Spacers

They are an absolute must if you are changing wheels regularly as they just make the whole process so much quicker and easier!

Don't get it but the Peppa Pig bit made me laugh [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Someone in our house put Scottish Peppa Pig up on You Tube yesterday, the colourful language seemed rather similar to that described in your post. I noticed there's also Scottish Postman Pat out too...

Stuart, you'd be better giving me that belt, it's only 34" long.

Unless you bought 2 to hook together...........

Have you buggered another set of discs?

JimmyMac

Jimmy cmon you really want it for your autoeroticasphyxiation sessions... which is perfect for your 34" neck lol...

No those were the ones I bought a few weeks ago..I'll fit them in the winter.

Back