Sweaty Betty

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a long sleeved top that anyone can recommend to help keep cool and assist getting a sweaty one-piece leather off my top half between track-sessions? I had a wicking t-shirt at my last track day and it took ages to get my arms out without someone to help.

Last edited:
Undersuit

I wear a Dainese D-Core undersuit and I would certainly recommend one. That said other companies like EDZ, Alpinestars, Proskins et al all make good 1pc and 2pc alternatives.

So much better with an undersuit. Although I have a good laugh watching my mate do the “funky chicken suit dance”
every time he tries to take it off after a trackday.

Hes bought one one for the next trackday after seeing how easy it is with an undersuit!

Thanks Guys. Just bought some ?skins? from Sports Direct (living the dream, me).
There?s some kicking cheap merino wool base layers (top and bottom) in Mountain Warehouse for ?30, down from ?90.
The guy reckoned they?d keep me cool as well as warm, but he was VERY young.
I might get them for cold track days tho.
OOI., Merino wouldn?t keep you cool tho would it?

Last edited:
Any half decent running top designed to keep you cool will do the trick. I use ron hill / adidas / under armour etc. Full length sleeve ones often have thumb holes which makes it even easier.

I bought a load of compression tops...I find they really help all the fat bits stand out.

Thanks Guys. Just bought some ?skins? from Sports Direct (living the dream, me).
There?s some kicking cheap merino wool base layers (top and bottom) in Mountain Warehouse for ?30, down from ?90.
The guy reckoned they?d keep me cool as well as warm, but he was VERY young.
I might get them for cold track days tho.
OOI., Merino wouldn?t keep you cool tho would it?

Merino does keep you cool in hot weather as well as warm in cold weather Hugh, bought some Aldis ones for a foreign trip a few years back and the are great, only about ?15 for top and same for leggings. Perform as well as some of the mega expensive stuff I have.

I normally wear compression base layers from Canterbury (rugby stuff) or jockey, loads of Lycra in then so my leathers never get stuck on, although I do look like a string of sausages in it without the leathers, lol.

That picture reminds me of Stuart in his Kangaroo one piece, going to have to go for a cold shower now, lol.

JimmyMac

I just use under armour compression top and bottoms they make getting in and out of leathers easy but they are normally soaked by the end of a track day.

Back