Scooter gangs...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
...pretty sure I met one last night on the way back home - 3 mopeds & 1 quad, no lights or reg plates. I got suspicious when they seemed to get excited at my presence (initially I thought they were just worried I was police), and very concerned when they sped up and followed me. Now, it could have been teenagers knowing the power of fear having a laugh, but of course I couldn't take the chance and sped off. When I got caught at lights they closed up, and they were definitely trying to position themselves, so I jumped the red and did silly speeds til I got away...

Eek.. not good.. whereabouts in the country was it and did you inform the police?

Maybe a good idea to do so, even if it's just to give some credence as to why you jumped a red, in case of prosecution. Do you wear a camera?

..and yes I did report it online. Just got the expected reply that it's on file in case other reports come in. I couldn't give them much to work on, so didn't expect anything else.

Last edited:
Glad you were savvy enough to be alert to the threat.
I expect most that do get hit are not as aware.

Back