Thread: 2nd Bike

2nd Bike

On my 2nd RR now- has a 2015 model and changed to a 2017, loving it! Iím on my 3rd tour and wished to get a comfort seat like my mates K1300R, itís like a sofa!!

6' of techincal awesome FreudianSlip's Avatar
    Riding
    RR. '17, red/black

Re: 2nd Bike

Welcome along - I did exactly the same - moved from my 1st RR (2015) to my 2nd RR (2017) .. what were you reasons for doing so?

Seat wise - I've got the comfort seat, but I'm not sure if it's because I'm used to it or not, but it aint *that* comfortable.. There are other options Sargent (sp?) being one that I'd like to try.

Where are you from btw?

Riding
    HP4 Carbon Pink

Hi Batfink, welcome to the site. No need to tell you how great your bike is seeing as though you're on your second.

Enjoy the site, Alex has a Sergeant seat on his, he might be able to give info on the current state of his arse, lol.

JimmyMac

Hi, I moved basically because of the deal I was offered. TBH the 2017 is more refined however I do miss the acoustics from my 2015, I was amazing! The 17 model lacks the acoustics for sure! Iím going to wait for 2019 model then get a de-cat fitted as this one will be the keeper and staying away from a PCP. Iím from SUDBURY in Suffolk. Just in the middle of a Scottish Tour of the west coast- Isle if Skye is Amazing, knee down on twisting quiet roads.. heading back south now to home over next 2 days....

Hi,

I have seen a few of the Ďcomfortí seats, however wanted real feedback from people who had tried the standard vs a comfort on tour. I end up walking like John Wayne after 2hrs:-(. Looking forward to hearing more on the 2019 model as I will keep this one...

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Welcome.

Comfort is good at speed, quite flat so there's less push forwards - increases wrist ache / core fatigue at lower speeds this is because it raises seat height so additionally those vertically challenged struggle to reach the ground.
    Comfort seat is plusher but I didn't get on with it as I spend too long at low speeds in town. I think it net reduces braking fatigue thanks to the shape. All in should be good for long distance touring out-of-town, but may induce wrist ache anyway if you're weak in the core.

Sargent Seat - more sporty - similarly flatter towards the front/tank. Little lower and less spongy than comfort, but still more so than OEM. I can feel it across the back of the thigh as you roll off the edge of it and I sometimes become aware of that, and it's a little uncomfortable when I do. Nice materials though they don't grip and so decelerating requires a firmer grip of the tank with the knees. Wide back section help you centre yourself and gives support on acceleration. Decent half-way-house from OEM to Comfort.

Riding
    2015 Motorsports

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

Am glad to hear youíve had a great time touring in Scotland and elsewhere on your RR, they are remarkably well round bikes.

Like yourself, Iíll also be in the market for a comfort seat of some description in future.
    A third option would be to modify the OEM seat.

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
    I hope you have many more happy miles ahead of you

- Oli

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Flyingscotsman's Avatar
    Riding
    S1k 2013 Black

Welcome to the forum