Noob

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slayer

Reaction score
Hi just saying hello just bought a gen 3 in black hp wheels trying to get to grips with the rider modes šŸ¤” but love the bike already :single_eye:

Howdy Slayer...take it your a metalhead... so mate where you from, whats your riding experience etc...tell us all a bit more buddy...good choice of machine !..

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum Slayer and congratulations on your new RR!

If you have any questions just ask [emoji4]

What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Hi Slayer, welcome to the site and well done on the new bike. The rider modes will affect the way the bike acts but rest assured you will look cool as f13k whatever one you are in.

Enjoy the bike and the forum.

JimmyMac

Welcome Slayer,
Enjoy the new toy and forum.
I stuck it in rain mode after picking mine up in March while there was sleet and rain while riding it home.
Its been in Race mode for a good while then I changed to user mode fairly recently.
Ive now played about with slick for the track and itā€™s a different bike all over again.
I guess what Iā€™m trying to say is, ride it and find out what works best for you!
Some will rein you in while others will give you a reminder of how awesome your new bike is.

Welcome Slayer,
Enjoy the new toy and forum.
I stuck it in rain mode after picking mine up in March while there was sleet and rain while riding it home.
Its been in Race mode for a good while then I changed to user mode fairly recently.
Ive now played about with slick for the track and itā€™s a different bike all over again.
I guess what Iā€™m trying to say is, ride it and find out what works best for you!
Some will rein you in while others will give you a reminder of how awesome your new bike is.
Hey Loupe.
I plugged the dongle in for user and slick when I first got it but have never used them, only rain/sport/race.
May I ask what settings do you've tried in user? Also, a I right in thinking that the +/- slick button works i all modes, not just user / slick?
I know the manual explains, but ze german tone gets right up der nazer, yah?
Also, after June 2016, I try to avoid asking fellow English people complex questions that require a nuanced answer.
Cheers, H

Hey Loupe.
I plugged the dongle in for user and slick when I first got it but have never used them, only rain/sport/race.
May I ask what settings do you've tried in user? Also, a I right in thinking that the +/- slick button works i all modes, not just user / slick?
I know the manual explains, but ze german tone gets right up der nazer, yah?
Also, after June 2016, I try to avoid asking fellow English people complex questions that require a nuanced answer.
Cheers, H

Hugh,
Im currently sitting in Gatwick after my holiday.
User mode was set to slick for engine, the others were set to race ( this is what Iā€™ve been using on the road) You will get a tick on the dash if all parameters are accepted when you play about with them.
I think youā€™re right in saying that the + and - can be adjusted for traction and DDC etc. in user but Iā€™m tired and canā€™t think!
Slick mode on track unleashed a different bike altogether for me.
Others will be along with confirmed info Iā€™m sure.
I enjoyed my holiday but Iā€™ve missed out on a track day today :dread:

Thanks Loupe.
You're just up the road, mirror image to when we said farewell in Ullapool (hope you're flying home on a Friday :encouragement:)

@Huge DTC can only be adjusted in User and Slick modes. However, in User mode there is no restriction on what DTC sub-mode you choose, i.e. Rain, Sport, Race and Slick are all 14 way adjustable.

I agree with @Loupe in that it is wholly worthwhile experimenting with the User mode.
It just means you can pick and choose your preferred components of the default riding modes.

I personally enjoy this setup for road use:
ABS: Race (least intrusive but still with rear active)
DTC: Slick (wheelies [emoji41])
Engine: Race (still has some engine breaking)
DDC: Sport (most compliant option with the above setup).
You can still configure the DDC further within the setup menu, which is also well worthwhile.

Enjoy!

Now I think it?s time for a Campari & Soda [emoji6]

- Oli

Thanks for the warm welcome šŸ‘šŸ» I?ll tell some more been riding for 30 years and more . sports riding a few track days a bit of drag racing a long time ago and just get out for a blast with the lads . Had an Aprilia tuono v4r it was a great bike but too fast for upright riding so back to a sports bike and a rr ticked all the boxes šŸ˜Ž

Back