Teenage years..

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
My mate just bought in this classic CRM250, as I'm dropping him and his tribe at the airport for Florida today I fancy using it a bit. Took it down to mine last nite which was the first proper "shot" of a dirt bike I've had in 20 odd years..it was truly worrying, when your used to cutting about on a precision weapon like the RR with it's huge perimiter frame and solid front end that goes where it's told this thing was a nightmare on the road, those tyres look awesome but they just ain't suited for tarmac and the 3 foot front end travel "holy fuuuuuck" I shouted as I grabbed a handful at the traffic lights..we used to tear about on these things when we were younger thinking this was it..we never knew any better mind you.

For five minutes I was 16 again all the memories came back, intoxicated with a mix of petrol and two stroke oil I was hallucinating..I was down paddys pits (an old quarry we used every night) all the daft birds that used to come down to Paddys and watch all these skinny arseholes blasting about trying to impress, they eventually would wander off bored as lets face it bikes were always more important than birds and strange flashbacks of James Hall and Billy Miller my two mates that died in separate bike accidents aged 17 and 18..the memories !

Looking forward to 2 weeks of this wee stroker sitting in the garage next to the beast...maybe they'll mate and I'll get some sort of fun hybrid thing you can take off road but can safely nip down to the shops for a loaf of breid and a pint of milk....I'll let you all know !
bc5fbe5348e0029eff5af64a2f5758a9.jpg
bd477b9d0f746aa899ef660962166611.jpg
8b9da649e1972b77a9fbbe324a76cffc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I?ve just done the same, did an off road day in Wales with Dave Thorpe... since then, thought to get one... finally got on for the lanes....

4bcf730246487dc095a0e24aec8c8d6f.jpg

Put on the SM wheels last night and brap to work today :). It was a hoon.

669f4643a50911e4dc23ea8e4aaf2ab0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You canny beat a bit of nostalgia Stuart, know what you mean about remembering pals when you do something after a huge absence.

Enjoy the bike and especially the memories, I'm sure James and Billy are pissing themselves looking down on you saying " Look art that auld C@NT, he thinks he's 16."

The smell of that bike must be brilliant, breath it in.

JimmyMac

You canny beat a bit of nostalgia Stuart, know what you mean about remembering pals when you do something after a huge absence.

Enjoy the bike and especially the memories, I'm sure James and Billy are pissing themselves looking down on you saying " Look art that auld C@NT, he thinks he's 16."

The smell of that bike must be brilliant, breath it in.

JimmyMac

Lol that last bit made me laugh Jimmy...the smell is truly amazing !

Hey Stuart, do you remember "Clatty Pats" in Glasgow? real name Cleopatras. I's where I had my stag, now that WAS minging.

JimmyMac
Sadly I do.. a mate of mine carved up the guy his wife was shagging in Clattys... 9 year stretch he got lol... he used to say he'd been better killing the guy he would only have got a 15 slapped on him lolol..

Back