Rockingham Hints?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePeps

Reaction score
Booked in at Rockingham on 28th this month, any hints or tips for a novice?

Take your time, learn the track first, build your speed when you know where it goes, same as any new track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockingham

I last rode at Rockingham several seasons ago on the National Circuit. I had not visited Rockingham before as I've always been a bit sceptical about going there given its four-wheeled focus and that it was dropped from the BSB calendar. That said I was pleasantly surprised and I would definitely recommend a trackday on the National Circuit if you have not been there before.

The shorter National Circuit is only 1.7 miles long, but the track has some impressively fast corners and several elevation changes. For me the best part of the circuit is the rapid right/left/right section prior to Turn 4 which is immensely enjoyable given the speed you can carry through it. However the track surface is inconsistent, so be prepared to make some minor adjustments to suspension set up as it is extremely bumpy in places. Of note there are some particularly nasty bumps on the apex of Turn 7.

There is always plenty of space in pit lane but make sure you take an extension cable with you if plan on using tyre warmers as the garages are open plan. Other than that the circuit noise limit is 104 dB.

dont be overwhelmed by the concrete walls, theres loads of space on track and they have the biggest garages around so plenty of space there too. watch out for the first right hander (on international circuit) as its a cold tyre high side type corner. the triple apex left is good fun. :)

Re: Rockingham

I last rode at Rockingham several seasons ago on the National Circuit. I had not visited Rockingham before as I've always been a bit sceptical about going there given its four-wheeled focus and that it was dropped from the BSB calendar. That said I was pleasantly surprised and I would definitely recommend a trackday on the National Circuit if you have not been there before.

The shorter National Circuit is only 1.7 miles long, but the track has some impressively fast corners and several elevation changes. For me the best part of the circuit is the rapid right/left/right section prior to Turn 4 which is immensely enjoyable given the speed you can carry through it. However the track surface is inconsistent, so be prepared to make some minor adjustments to suspension set up as it is extremely bumpy in places. Of note there are some particularly nasty bumps on the apex of Turn 7.

There is always plenty of space in pit lane but make sure you take an extension cable with you if plan on using tyre warmers as the garages are open plan. Other than that the circuit noise limit is 104 dB.

You posted you went to rockingham for the first time 2 years ago for a trackday:

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthre...-Sport&p=58474&highlight=Rockingham#post58474

Back