New owner from West Sussex!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomLum

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just made the leap from a 2009 HRC Fireblade to a 2015 S1000rr!

s-l1600.jpg

I pick the BMW up this week and can't wait! Its complete standard so let the mods begin :) first on the list is a nice exhaust.

Look forward to chatting, Tom

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

When I first saw the blade I was like ?errr, am I still on the right forum? lol [emoji23]
Your blade looks mint, what sort of riding do you enjoy primarily?
What have been your favourite experiences (specific track day or tour etc) on your blade?

I?m sure you?re going to be thrilled with your Gen 3 RR, they truly are amazing bikes in all respects. What colour/spec have you gone for?
Any ideas what exhaust you fancy for it?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

When I first saw the blade I was like “errr, am I still on the right forum” lol [emoji23]
Your blade looks mint, what sort of riding do you enjoy primarily?
What have been your favourite experiences (specific track day or tour etc) on your blade?

I’m sure you’re going to be thrilled with your Gen 3 RR, they truly are amazing bikes in all respects. What colour/spec have you gone for?
Any ideas what exhaust you fancy for it?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Thanks Oli!

Ha, I thought id post a photo up of my old bike as you all know when a gen 3 RR looks like! Its motorsport colours with a long list of options, ex BMW showroom bike so they kitted it well! I don't know the ins and outs of the RR but its a Sport with pro kit, forged wheels and some other goodies It will mostly be used for fast road and the odd track day. Did Silverstone on the Fireblade last month which was fantastic!

For exhaust im really torn between something from Austin Racing and SC project. I had the RaceFit on the old bike and although it sounding amazing it was a little anti social for me without the baffle. Looking for something slightly quieter but the same style.

How do I get my account approved? Trying to post in different areas and search for threads but it seems im not allowed to...yet :)

How do I get my account approved? Trying to post in different areas and search for threads but it seems im not allowed to...yet :)

Once @soofsayer says hello your account will be authorised.
He is on holiday at the moment, but am sure will approve your account soon.
Your patience is appreciated [emoji846]

- Oli

Once @soofsayer says hello your account will be authorised.
He is on holiday at the moment, but am sure will approve your account soon.
Your patience is appreciated [emoji846]

- Oli

Hi, yes, thanks oli. All sorted.

The best all round bike I've ever owned was my Black RR9 Blade...great brakes, impeccable handling and a turbine smooth plant, one of those rare bikes that makes you think your a decent pilot..

That said I wouldn't go back now I've got a Beemer...good choice you've made but that blade is a great machine..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The best all round bike I've ever owned was my Black RR9 Blade...great brakes, impeccable handling and a turbine smooth plant, one of those rare bikes that makes you think your a decent pilot..

That said I wouldn't go back now I've got a Beemer...good choice you've made but that blade is a great machine..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Interesting experience. I can't fault the Blade in anyway but I was ready to move on and try something new. I pick up the RR tomorrow night and really looking forward to getting the miles in.

Hi Tom, you're Blade looked mint, for some reason one or two on here don't like pics of non BMW's, can't imagine why...:wink-new: enjoy your new bike, sounds like you've got the right spec. there.

Hi Tom, cracking looking Blade in the best paint scheme imho. Hope you like the RR I'm sure it will be a great new experience for you.

Look forward to seeing the new bike.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Thanks Oli!

Ha, I thought id post a photo up of my old bike as you all know when a gen 3 RR looks like! Its motorsport colours with a long list of options, ex BMW showroom bike so they kitted it well! I don't know the ins and outs of the RR but its a Sport with pro kit, forged wheels and some other goodies It will mostly be used for fast road and the odd track day. Did Silverstone on the Fireblade last month which was fantastic!

For exhaust im really torn between something from Austin Racing and SC project. I had the RaceFit on the old bike and although it sounding amazing it was a little anti social for me without the baffle. Looking for something slightly quieter but the same style.

As Mac says, you?ve got the ideal spec what with the HP forged wheels!
I have every confidence that your RR will excite and impress in equal measure on both road and track [emoji41]

Enjoy the anticipation as you await tomorrow?s collection, and I hope you have fantastic weather so as to put as many miles as possible onboard your new steed!

- Oli

Last edited:
Hi Tom, you're Blade looked mint, for some reason one or two on here don't like pics of non BMW's, can't imagine why...:wink-new: enjoy your new bike, sounds like you've got the right spec. there.

I promise to post a pic up of the RR soon! Should keep me in the good books :)

hi tom went from a repsol to my rr and although not had it long its wow ( the brakes are fantastic too compared to abs on blade )

Back