Personal Injury....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
As some of you know I got hurt when SMIDSYd a couple of years back, and we're just getting to the time where the personal injury claim has to be submitted.

I'm not getting very far with my battery farm injury solicitor on one point, wondering if anyone can shed some light... I only found out in the last couple of weeks that when the settlement comes through that some of the money will be winging its way out of my hand and into those of the people handling the bike/legal policy that came with my Motorrad insurance policy. Now, I *think* this is some form of excess payment, but I'm not even sure about that, and still trying to get clarity. Q1: Does that sound familiar to anyone in similar circumstances?

Q2: Despite the fact that the other party admitted full liability (eventually), I had to pay the excess on the damage to my bike, and there doesn't seem to be any doubt that I *can* claim that back as an expense (the claim will include two parts - damages for my injuries and some recompense for expenses caused by the accident). The bit that I have asked for clarity on is why I can claim the motorbike insurance policy excess, but not the part referred to in Q1 above, which may be an excess on a legal policy.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Back