Mileage

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Venemous

Reaction score
I tried to find something in the forums around this topic but had no luck. I was wondering what kind of mileage everyone got on a full tank. I'm on an S1000RR and get a150-160 miles on a full tank. This is relatively low considering what i was doing on my previous bikes. I was hoping i could get about 200 miles out of this bike which is slightly depressing because I ride it every day for work and petrol/gas is a killer.

Bear in mind I ride around in London, close to the inner city as well so there is a lot of stop start riding and low speeds/gear riding. Maybe I should just whack it in gear 4 or 5 for my whole journey....

In town I get about 100 till the light comes on...so 150-160 in town is pretty good.

You do know its a 200hp superbike and not a scooter, right? :D :p

PS. which parts of town as I've recently seen a new Black/Grey roaming in Southwark.

In town I get about 100 till the light comes on...so 150-160 in town is pretty good.

You do know its a 200hp superbike and not a scooter, right? :D :p

PS. which parts of town as I've recently seen a new Black/Grey roaming in Southwark.

Mine is blue and carbon. Has quite a bit of carbon on it. Yes I ride around the Southwark/Lambeth area also East side. I see a lot of nice bikes up in Southwark.

On street I get 120-160 miles depending on how enthusiastic I am. Once got 200 miles out of a K1300S, which is theoretically a touring bike, but I think the tank is 2l larger.

I must ride like Miss Daisy!
Tank range always reads 155 on a brimmed tank, but I have got 170 odd miles with some spirited road riding in race mode.
I don?t do much commuting. But for a 200hp sports bike I think these engines are quite economical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

170 is outrageous. Do you live at the bottom of a very long hill?

I can drain the 30 litre tank on my GSA in that sort of mileage if I try hard enough.

140 miles the most I ever got out of my Sthou, not much fun riding a litre sports bike and worrying about mpg though ?

I've never checked my actual tank range (never look at the odometer, just the range) and it starts off at 155 miles (250km) however it takes an age to start dropping, then seems fairly accurate from there on in.

I've done the 'crap your pants running out of fuel' thing a few times but I reckon i've had over 200 miles to a tank when riding carefully. This pic isn't from one of my 'crap yourself' moments, but followed a fairly rapid descent from Nottingham on the way to Portsmouth laden with luggage and a fat dude.

Assuming the bike has a 17 litre tank (i know its a bit more), even this mpg works out to be 194.7 miles to a tank. Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 08.13.19.jpg

I wish i'd snapped my mpg during the epic journey to the fuel station in France.. :E

Last edited:
I probably got around 130-150miles out of a tank with mainly relaxed riding.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

i've spluttered into a garage with 177 miles from a brimmed tank. (motorway ride)

remember to lift the pump out a little when filling and brim it till up bubbles over a little. The normal 'click' off from the pump leaves you a few litres shy of full tank i guess.

normal fast commute riding est 150 miles a tank

I've never checked my actual tank range (never look at the odometer, just the range) and it starts off at 155 miles (250km) however it takes an age to start dropping, then seems fairly accurate from there on in.

I've done the 'crap your pants running out of fuel' thing a few times but I reckon i've had over 200 miles to a tank when riding carefully. This pic isn't from one of my 'crap yourself' moments, but followed a fairly rapid descent from Nottingham on the way to Portsmouth laden with luggage and a fat dude.

Assuming the bike has a 17 litre tank (i know its a bit more), even this mpg works out to be 194.7 miles to a tank. View attachment 3692

I wish i'd snapped my mpg during the epic journey to the fuel station in France.. :E

I?m not the only boring bastard! Sorry for the language kids.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back