Random request for an engineer with a Lathe

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Admin
Reaction score
Anyone know someone with a lathe that can take 1-1.5mm off of a Tungsten Carbide rod?
Diameter is currently 16.5mm and needs to be 15-15.5mm. The rod is about 50mm long.

Ive a pal thats got an engineering firm Alex .. is it something that could be posted? Or would you want to even do that...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As I suspected with your material...heres Jims answer...

Hi Stuart tungsten carbide is very tough mate but the answer is stick it in the lathe and let the point of the tool touch it , that way we will know if it can be machined. Cheers pal..

If you want him to try let me know...

Stuart

Send them up to me Ill take them round to him...theres also Clydeview precision engineering in Clydebank...I know who the owner is there too..

Want me to PM you ?

Be very careful with what you allow Stuart to send to your door Alex, it's not too long ago that I got a "Black Mambo Vibrator" when I was expecting wiper blades from the big man. Lol

Postie still gives my wife a funny look, haha.

JimmyMac

SPOILER ALERT: Jimmy Macs online...oops wrong GIF I'll leave it on for a laugh....
e63bb49608d225530264f4f03c690400.gif

Last edited:
No enough coolant on that piece in the lathe, you can see the smoke blowing out his ass.

How you no away doon the bing?

JimmyMac

Back