Newbee

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Grabham

Reaction score
Hello people, I have recently bought a S1000RR 2015. I am sure to have a load of questions in relation to maintenance, repairs and add ons. Usual upgrades already done - R&G protectors, bar ends, tidy tail, Akrapovic exhaust & tinted screen. Coolant and oil rad guards to fit. Anyway, hope to speak to some of you soon.

Welcome along Chris - where abouts are you from?
Hi,
I live in Chippenham Wiltshire. As well as the BM I also own a Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster, so have the best from both worlds. Previous bikes have been GSXR 1000 K5, 2x R1, CBX1000 pre pro-link, XS1100, 999, Fazer 1000, RD250, 1000RX, KH250, GT250, FS1E, Fireblade (early), Z1000SX, GT750 water bottle, Z750 turbo, GT500, GT380, RD200 & Hayabusa (2nd gen), but not in this order. As you can see I am no youngster at 57

Welcome to the forum Chris and congratulations on your new RR!

What Akrapovic exhaust do you have on your RR?

Wow, that?s an amazing series of bikes you?ve owned over the years.
What?s the Rocket 3 like? The torque is epic I imagine!

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Thanks for the welcome. The exhaust is a Akrapovic HP slip-on.
The Rocket 3 I have only ridden once, that was a year ago when I bought it and rode it back from Wales. I realised that work required carrying out due to weather damage, but not to the extent that I found once I got it home. All three brake calipers, ABS modulator, brake hydraulic pipes were shot due to corrosion together with quite a few wiring problems. It should be back on the road in a few weeks and then I can find out if the performance is what people say it is.

Back