Caliper Pistons Stuck

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never had that problem myself Rob, although you should hear my car's (new!) back brakes ****** ****

Lots of debate on the pads, but they're already greased and in the calipers, so leaving them as is. Any thoughts on greasing the banjo/bleeder threads - my default assumption is that I will do this because I seemed to find evidence of it having been done by BMW. Just need to be extra careful of keeping it away from anywhere that'll touch the brake fluid I guess...

Copper Grease

Hopefully the last question on this before it's all done - copper grease. I'm used to putting this on the back of the pads, and the two bolts that attach the caliper. It looks like there was some on the bleeder valve screw, and I just don't remember if there was any on the banjo screws when I took them off - should I be applying it to the banjo and bleeder screw threads or does that risk contaminating the brake fluid?Cheers

There?s no need for it whatsoever.

Copper grease should not be used on the pistons at all, if you build them with red rubber grease you will find they clean easily on the next pad change.

I had a zx6r that the previous owner had used copper grease on, the amount that made it into the seal groves was scary, the pistons would hardly budge on dismantle.

Back