MV Agusta and Rekluse Clutches

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oli

Reaction score
MV Agusta have added a Rekluse automatic clutch to their Turismo Veloce Lusso sport tourer.

Rekluse clutches have been around for years, used in the off-road world to prevent stalling in technical Enduro conditions and for young children transitioning from 50 cc MX bikes to larger displacement machines with manual clutches and multiple gears.
Essentially a Rekluse clutch is a retrofittable automatic clutch. You can idle in gear whilst stationary, select first gear and pull away without manually touching the clutch lever. However, you can still override the ?automatic? system and use the clutch in a conventional way.

What with today?s bikes having quickshifters and auto-blippers, and some Honda models even having car derived DCT gearboxes, my question is what do you think of Rekluse clutches on road bikes and do you think this technology will be adopted by the mainstream in future?

https://newatlas.com/mv-agusta-turismo-veloce-lusso-scs-clutch/54997/

I've seen the 44 teeth review of this bike and it seemed to work very well, the short answer is yes I think it will catch on as it takes the pain out of low speed / stop start journeys.

Yea I saw Statham?s 44-Teeth footage, just read the Bennett?s review and their reviewer was equally flattering about the system.

It seems strange why this hasn?t been implemented sooner as must be far less expensive or complex to implement vs a DCT, and there?s no weight penalty.

Must feel so weird braking to a halt and not having to touch the clutch lol

It's no different to driving a car with an auto box and flappy paddle gear shifters (don't ever use them on my car), you soon adapt to it and wonder why you'd ever go back to a manual (unless it was a 'fun' car in which case you might choose a manual)

My better halfs father keeps his automatic VFR in my garage. Tried it a few times round town, and can't get used to it, especially coming up the drive at my own house, as its quite a steep hill on a loose gravel surface. Always feel that its a little snatchy when trying to pull away on the gravel as well.

I had a go of a mates NCT Honda auto at a slow bike control day, and it was the weirdest feeling in world not having a clutch lever to slip!
Mind over matter....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back