HP4 forged wheels

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupe

Reaction score
Are these the same for the HP4 and the 3rd gen?
Looking at spacers to fit my 2015 RR.
Thanks!

alpha Racing

The alpha Racing captive spacers fit both the 2015+ S1000RR (with forged wheels) and the HP4. If the seller is listing them to fit a HP4 they should fit your bike as the wheels are identical albeit a different colour.

Re: alpha Racing

The alpha Racing captive spacers fit both the 2015+ S1000RR (with forged wheels) and the HP4. If the seller is listing them to fit a HP4 they should fit your bike as the wheels are identical albeit a different colour.
Brilliant, appreciate the reply.
I’d buy one set from Alpha but I require 2 sets. Makes it a tad pricey.

Brilliant, appreciate the reply.
I’d buy one set from Alpha but I require 2 sets. Makes it a tad pricey.

Can't you just use the same spacers on both sets of wheels? The spacers are for the rear wheels only as I understand, they are for the standard wheels, but i may be wrong about forged ones.

Can't you just use the same spacers on both sets of wheels? The spacers are for the rear wheels only as I understand, they are for the standard wheels, but i may be wrong about forged ones.

I think once they are in they are meant to be retained and not taken out every time you change wheels?
Thats my understanding but I’ve never used them before. Getting cheesed off with them fouling puting the wheel back on.
Takes me longer adjusting the angled spacer and getting it to sit flush than getting the actual wheel off and on...

I have two sets of standard wheels and I swapped the rear spacers (i.e. used original ones on new wheels) when I first swapped them but now realise on mine both sets are identical. I believe that a different spacer required on HP4 rear as sprocket carrier is different.

So if you have one standard rear and the HP4 rear you will need one new pair of spacers for the HP4 wheel.

Last edited:
I have two sets of standard wheels and I swapped the rear spacers (i.e. used original ones on new wheels) when I first swapped them but now realise on mine both sets are identical. I believe that a different spacer required on HP4 rear as sprocket carrier is different.

So if you have one standard rear and the HP4 rear you will need one new pair of spacers for the HP4 wheel.

Ahhhh, cross wires.
I have 2 sets of HP wheels because I'm a very lucky boy :cheerful:
If I buy CAPTIVE spacers they won't fall out as they are retained within the wheel.

Last edited:
Captive Wheel Spacers

They are an absolute must if you are changing wheels regularly.

Messaged the seller and he’s happy to accept them back if they are not correct.
If it works then I’ll have both sets for ?60 posted.

Back