Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alpinestars supertech R boots.

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Skynet-T800's Avatar
    Riding
    R1200 GSA

Re: Alpinestars supertech R boots.

I never got on with them, found they were too narrow for my foot.

I sold mine and went for Dainese Axial Pro which are a joy to wear and less bulk which appeals to me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skynet-T800 For This Useful Post:

Oli

Wow some great replies lads thanks.
    I did try a pair on saturday but the guy in the shop wasnt much help. As i usually wear a 10.5 and felt like i really would have to ram my foot into the outer boot to get them on. But tried an 11.5 too and they seemed dead on.

Riding
    2015 S1000RR Sport

I’m a size 10 and had a pair in size 44 and they were a perfect fit. For reference they run slightly bigger than other Alpinestars boot, I’ve got a pair of Alpinestars SMX Plus boots that are a size 45 and a perfect fit.

They’re great boots, super comfy and I have to say better made than the Dainese Axial Pro In boots that I’ve replaced them with.

Think my minds made up on buy a pair now. Pity the colour schemes arent great. Looks like itll be white to try and keep the feet cooler

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER RacersEdge's Avatar
    Riding
    '16 S1000RR Msport

I have a question on boots, Iíve tried many of the above today (loved the supertech but a bit of a faff, and Dainese ďinĒ but havenít got the leathers for that) and also some of the more road bias boots given that I spend more time there than track. Still undecided but have a question on goretex... in winter they keep your feet dry but do the perforations mean your feet are colder? Or conversely in summer, I know itís supposed to be breathable but can goretex make your feet a bit sweaty and hot? Some of the boots Iíve tried come in three variants, a standard, air , or goretex and Iím trying to get my head around whatís best for me as someone who rides all year round and mainly on the road. Anyone with any real life experience who can advise?

Riding
    HP4 carbon 2013

Bit of a late reply Racer....I bought a pair of Daytona Goretex on Jimmy Macs Recs... never looked back. Incredibly comfy and probably easiest boots ever to put on...Had 2 pairs of Sidi Vortice beforehand...talk about a faff to out on !.

Those Daytonas are £600 plus but worth the money...if comfort and dry wear is what your after..sole is a bit soft..Soof had same issues as me with the pimple bits wearing out but 1 year on no problems... maybe not your style tho..
    S

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stuartb For This Useful Post:

Riding
    S1000RR & MSX125

Iíve had three sets now. I absolutely love them. Used them in all weathers, never got wet feet either

Iím always a size 11 or 46 in Euro sizes, but in these Iím a 45 and they fit perfectly.

Canít recommend them enough

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tim @ Lind For This Useful Post: