Big insurance renewal increase

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy tims

Reaction score
Just got my renewal quote through + 22% uplift on last year. No accidents, claims or convictions in the year to cause it.

Can I ask what have others experienced?

Last edited:
Yep. Are you London based? My renewal was 10x the previous year with only a collision with a cyclist (still ongoing) in April offered as a reason for the p*ss taking quote. I spoke to Bemoto (who wouldn't quote) but told me insurers are pulling out of London so only a few are left and they are charging a lot. In the end I went with MCE at only 3x last year's premium (9yrs NCB, garaged).

Only 22% :) I suspect that's them just trying it on a bit. If they had enough people in the same risk category they've decided you're in it would probably have been bigger. We don't seem to live in a world where the renewal quote is useful for anything other than lighting BBQs any more.... Bemoto/IAM Surety (if you qualify) are your friends!

In my experience of bike & car insurance insurers ALWAYS bump up the premium automatically each year. If you are in the position (not always the case) where multiple insurers will give you sensible quotes for a S1k then get them bidding for your business.

When I had my GSXR I was with MCE for about 10 years. Every year I went online and significantly beat the renewal quote by getting the same insurance from MCE - always declaring them as my previous insurer.

Last year my insurance was ~?650 due to not having a garage. This year the only quote I could get without a garage was over ?2600. Rented a garage and my best quote was ~?360 (with 6 shiny new points for speeding and 12k/yr inc commuting). Clearly the risk they have attributed to me riding is minimal and the risk attributed to theft is the lion's share.

Same story for me with my renewal through Bennetts, I went to my car insurer LV and it was nearly a 50% reduction on the Bennetts price and got a multi-bike policy discount too - that was in May.

Look for a new and cheaper insurer each year. Sometimes when a premium goes up its usually the local crime stats that drive it, even when we think we live in a quiet area.

Got the same renewal price from Bennett?s, but go compare got me ?100 off with MCE! Great result.

Always shop around and ring them up to haggle. Also helps being an old git with a high viz qualification I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back