Wet Tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are going to really enjoy it Kenny, it makes you appreciate what they were made for when you go on track.
Try your usual road mode first then play about with user settings if you feel you need to.
I was mega tense first few times even though I told myself to relax all the time, so keep that in mind.
Oh, and breathe!
Enjoy, and soak it all up.

Last edited:
You are going to really enjoy it Kenny, it makes you appreciate what they were made for when you go on track.
Try your usual road mode first then play about with user settings if you feel you need to.
I was mega tense first few times even though I told myself to relax all the time, so keep that in mind.
Oh, and breathe!
Enjoy, and soak it all up.
+1

Its a one way road with repeating corners and no speed limit. Aim to be smooth and predictable in your inputs. Grip the tank with your knees and relax the shoulders/hands.

Be ready early so you are not flustered leaving the pitlane.

- Alex

I wouldn't bother with wets unless your gonna go wets on wheels.

Lucky iv never done a lap on wets in the racing. But last track day I changed wheels 6 times. Should have been 8. One session I went out on a patchy wet track, another on a dry track with rain starting. Done 6 laps and came in.

Mad day but point being if you don't have wets on wheels you always gonna be slow to change.

+1

Its a one way road with repeating corners and no speed limit. Aim to be smooth and predictable in your inputs. Grip the tank with your knees and relax the shoulders/hands.

Be ready early so you are not flustered leaving the pitlane.

- Alex

Thanks for the tips. I'll be ready nice and early, that's for sure. I'll be that excited I'll probly be sitting at the circuit gates at 5 in the morning!!!

I'm definitely erring towards not bothering with wets, and if it ends up too wet for the road tyres, I'll need to hope eddy at ERS has somthing on hand that I can buy at the circuit.

There no way I can justify a set of spare wheels at the moment!!!

Back