My RoSPA Journey with EAMG

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, will post up my post exam ride report once I?ve received it [emoji846]

Was quite the test though ... the chap had me doing a full pre-flight vehicle check, followed by a good hours ride and finally 2 figures of 8 in the car park. That last bit was fun with the steering bump stops and subsequently woeful turning circle lol [emoji31]

- Oli

That's superb Oli, be good to read the further comments... what's involved in the pre ride checks ?

Roadcraft, which is the basis for the training in both RoSPA and the IAM, state that before a ride you should check the following:

4cdb4aa354137068cb9f1cef2b15e75c.jpg

However, in my test the examiner stated a situation in which I was late to get to work and therefore needed to get away as quickly as possible, but the bike was filthy from the previous day?s ride in poor weather conditions. What would I check in that circumstance?

In reality I would check nothing more than ?does the bike start lol?, but for the test I think I said I would clean the lights, quickly inspect the tyres and brakes on the paddock stands, check fluids, throttle returns, check no error messages on the dash, check indicators and brake lights and then as leaving the driveway I would test the brakes.
The examiner then probed me about the ABS, in that one should also check the ABS rings

- Oli

Last edited:
I joined Rospa and fully support continuous learning and the the occasional reminder about the things i forgot.

Chris

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3fc8991773c47f86930f5f2bcad53ed1.jpg

Figure 1. My ?confidential? report available for all to see! This means you?ll all know precisely what to look out for when you ride with me [emoji23]

ac0e3aea988bde11016bba955efdfa1c.jpg

Figure 2. Page 1 of the ride report.

ca6c5586b6043aa15d1956c0a7507a0a.jpg

Figure 3. Page 2 of the ride report.

e87cc45f3fe45573fdb29e1d3377a3b8.jpg

Figure 4. The RoSPA certificate, which will be hung by my desk in due course [emoji851]

- Oli

Last edited:
Jesus, after reading that I'm never riding with you again lol.
Seriously though Oli, you did great considering you had Mark A the toughest of Examiners in Essex.

ROSPA is amazing . I am so glad i am a member

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back