Akra exhaust

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
I want to buy Akra exhaust for 2016 model.

The Evo line is extremely hideous, I hate the muffler design.

s-l1600%20%281%29.jpg

The Racing line that comes with RCK is too expensive (around 2-2.5k).

Has anyone tried a combo of Akra mid-pipes with an old-school muffler ? I see such combos on ebay, just not sure whether it's a good option...

s-l1600.jpg

Akrapovič

The Akrapovič HP slip-on exhaust for the 2015-16 model (available from BMW dealerships) is compatible with the aftermarket Akrapovič headers that you can buy for the corresponding model years. Alternatively you can buy the aftermarket Akrapovič carbon fibre slip-on and mate that to their headers if you prefer. For trackday use either option is perhaps better than the newer conical shaped versions as they are quieter and will pass most noise tests (except Donington Park 98 dB days) without the need for a baffle.

I put the HP slip-on on my 2016 with stock headers and it sounds fantastic and looks great imo, and was enough for me as I don?t have to worry about tuning or fuel controllers etc.
If you don?t need to put on a full system, one of the Akra slip-ons might be enough? There?s at least 3 designs for the old school look of a long slip-on...

that bottom option isnt how it looks, thats a picture of the headers, or a picture of the end can and link pipe to mate to standard headers. i put the full akra on my 2015, looks great, sounds great and would see it passing noise test all over as it doesnt get really loud until around 8k revs.
i havent a baffle, but will be buying one soon as it will make its debut on track soon enough i'd think :D

Has it got to be a akrapovic, I just put a arrow system on mine and it sounds awesome.

It will also pass track day noise testing with the baffle in.

Exhausts

You can?t really go wrong with either Akrapovič or Arrow exhausts.

Just on a side note. Does anyone know what mm this pipe is?. I dont like the note so want to get a smaller end can?
dc48f56f73f608f8fd8f3a7714fe6530.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Re: Akrapovič

The Akrapovič HP slip-on exhaust for the 2015-16 model (available from BMW dealerships) is compatible with the aftermarket Akrapovič headers that you can buy for the corresponding model years. Alternatively you can buy the aftermarket Akrapovič carbon fibre slip-on and mate that to their headers if you prefer. For trackday use either option is perhaps better than the newer conical shaped versions as they are quieter and will pass most noise tests (except Donington Park 98 dB days) without the need for a baffle.
Thanks for clarifying!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have the evo akra full system on my 17rr and is loud as fook
I have had the akra evo with conical carbon silencer on my zx10r
and was much better on my ears lol
totally agree i think the carbon akra does look better

Back