Tyre break in

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Gave in and changed my rear tyre today. Nipped up to the Green Welly to scrub it in...the wee racefit slip on I bought off Malic looks ace but it's a hooligan tool, aka an ASBO can....
e64ca5958837d1aebf076cea2b7782f3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I?m sure it is mate

5b15b875187e72e24065330aa1cd2396.heic
I just fitted them.....

Sounds nuts rolling off the throttle hahaha shots fired!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gave in and changed my rear tyre today. Nipped up to the Green Welly to scrub it in...the wee racefit slip on I bought off Malic looks ace but it's a hooligan tool, aka an ASBO can....
e64ca5958837d1aebf076cea2b7782f3.jpg

Bike looks craicing Stu. Are you still liking the Power RS's? I've just ordered a set ready for when they are required

Dont really understand why people dont use Pirelli's for road. IMO the best tires out there.

Bike looks craicing Stu. Are you still liking the Power RS's? I've just ordered a set ready for when they are required
Aye mate, smashing tyres sticky and decent life. My rear was shagged I could really feel it squirming under hard acceleration and hitting white lines. Glad I changed it tho as it was below legal and very thin on the crown when I had it removed from the rim.

I'm running 30/32 the now. They get warm quickly at lower temps ideal when your as impatient as me..

You won't regret buying them.

Been reading lots of positive reviews on them. Its the heating up quickly thats sold them to me to try, as it not often the air/road temperature is in our favour in Scotland!!!

Only negatives I've really read are excessive wear/tearing on track. From what I'm reading though, that may be down to people running to low a pressure, causing them to overheat. I'm hoping I won't need to change my tyres beore a track day at knockhill next month, so shouldn't be an issue anyway.

Haha they look mad mate !

Cheers mate just loud enough to get everyhead to turn ahaha!

So you rate the tyres highly mate? I?m think or trying a set for my next tyre choice, I usually run m7rr mate

They're superb road tyres..I'm a michelin man (not that big fat c unt Bibendum) ..been running Pilot Power 2CTs for as long as they've been available. They don't do a 200 rear in that particular model..so have been through Super Corsas (frightening in the wet).. couple of sets of 7 RRs excellent all round....Couple of sets of power super sports and now the RSs.. so far these suit my riding... I posted these pics up begining of June and easily rattled in another 200 to 300 miles on them till today...wear like this on a rear gives me confidence no end.. that last half inch proves elusive tho..
bb7d20235c6233ef33cc3e8c37cc2684.jpg
80dcd1d60637ea9ed97ac55009b209ec.jpg
305e30bd6f222c8ca34df0679cbbcd55.jpg

Cheers mate just loud enough to get everyhead to turn ahaha!

So you rate the tyres highly mate? I?m think or trying a set for my next tyre choice, I usually run m7rr mate

7RRs are superb mate.. buy a pair of the RSs you love them. That outer edge is as sticky as **** when hot..

They're superb road tyres..I'm a michelin man (not that big fat c unt Bibendum) ..been running Pilot Power 2CTs for as long as they've been available. They don't do a 200 rear in that particular model..so have been through Super Corsas (frightening in the wet).. couple of sets of 7 RRs excellent all round....Couple of sets of power super sports and now the RSs.. so far these suit my riding... I posted these pics up begining of June and easily rattled in another 200 to 300 miles on them till today...wear like this on a rear gives me confidence no end.. that last half inch proves elusive tho..
bb7d20235c6233ef33cc3e8c37cc2684.jpg
80dcd1d60637ea9ed97ac55009b209ec.jpg
305e30bd6f222c8ca34df0679cbbcd55.jpg

I think you?ve convinced me stu lol!

Many miles you roughly get mate?

Lol.. I don't work for Michelin btw haha..

So to answer your question I can only hazard a guess at circa 2500..but thats hard miles, 900 of which were the NC500 with the lads..some of the roads up North are rough as f uck so that rear held up really well to last that long. I really rate them.

200 just mate... more rounder profile dunno why BMW chose that profile, possibly better suited to track/racing.

Will give them a go I think mate

Bad boy it?s each to there own mate, if there work too smiler degrees and save a few quid why not lol,

still dont quite understand what's the point of running this tires vs. Pirelli's
Take the blinkers off mate.. why so hung up on Pirellis ? Lots of decent rubber out there.. Bridgestone, Mich, Dunlop etc all make quality hoops.

Back