Datalogger and lap timer

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you buy it in $ its only 9k 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Bargain for me in inters group [emoji16]
56358055023d095b8a0252fad7f8346c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The RCK Pro looks like an amazing piece of kit. I was wondering what the RCK PRO kit offers compared to the normal RCK?

Is the method of torque modulation (ignition cut, throttle valve, fuel injection) selectable?

Do you mind showing some screenshots of the software?

If you go to the HP Race website and download and install the RCK Pro software, go to the help page and there you will find instructions and info on the kit.
There is substantially more adjustability compared to the RCK 3 kit, but I've not used the 3 and barely used the Pro yet.
Fairings back from paint on Wednesday, all day and evening open session booked for Friday, so i'll know more then
The Pro also give electronic intervention rather than operating the throttle bodies. It is the kit fitted to the HP Race bike.

suppose it depends on how deep you want to delve into your data,
i use a vbox sport along with my mates, As im in inters and they in fast group we just swap the .vbs files so that we can compare data. Normally see how im breaking a lot earlier and slower on the gas then them and also the position on track. I find it really helpful as its on in the background and im not chasing lap times. for ?300 quid I think its a good tool
Mut

Hi gents,
Was thinking of getting some logging going on as learning tool.
Can't make my mind between the AIM DL, vbox sport or the BMW HP kit.
Those of you who used vbox or AIM do you get any hassle on uk trackdays with them on display? Do they work ok out of sight under seat etc?
The BMW unit is most discreet but can't find the gps refresh rate details

I've used both HP 2D DL and AIM Solo DL. It's cheaper to just go with the Aim Solo 2 DL and use it's display whilst on track. The 32 channel recording is the same on both, you get the same data. The software does enough and you can use it to data overlay video if you want.

The 2D Software for the HP Datalogger is probably more powerful but I can't see a long term benefit at anything under superstock pace.

Mounting the AIM to the yoke means there's no issue on TD's, I use a RAM Ball Mount from Telferizer, Ram Ball Arm and a trapizoidal back plate for the AIM. (3 pieces).

Cheers Ry for the info on the BMW unit.
I'm sure it'll do more than I'll be able to make sense of!

Alex do you have any trouble with the no timing rules and it being visible to the TD organiser?

Have you looked at the the iPhone solutions? I was using the Ducati data analyser previously and then looked at stuff like 2D and AIM mentioned here at several thousands of pounds when I switched to the R6 for racing but have ended up using Racechrono and an external GPS module (Dual XPS160). Its a really good setup and does most of the stuff you would want for a fraction of the cost.

Only just seen you reply here. Yes thats the one, it works well. The solution as a whole is a bit clunky just because you need to stash the phone somewhere and keep it charged but you get the same capabilities as paying a grand or more for other setups and it only costs you ?150.

I've got pictures but it always seems to be a headache to get them onto this forum?

suppose it depends on how deep you want to delve into your data,
i use a vbox sport along with my mates, As im in inters and they in fast group we just swap the .vbs files so that we can compare data. Normally see how im breaking a lot earlier and slower on the gas then them and also the position on track. I find it really helpful as its on in the background and im not chasing lap times. for ?300 quid I think its a good tool
Mut

Me too. The vbox sport is pretty decent, with a good GPS sample rate. And as stated, its easy to put it on another bike and compare data. Only downside is the need for a laptop at the circuit...

Back