Best Gen 3 Air filter?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Air Filter

I have an alpha Racing (BMC) air filter fitted... and saw absolutely no increase in power whatsoever. The only benefit is that it can be cleaned and reused. The OEM air filter is very good in terms of both power and filtration so unless you want a reusable one to save a little bit of money in the long term, I would personally just stick with that.

just from what i have read over various forums and also i was watching something on YT, he was running a k&n and the chap on the dyno told him to get a sprint p08 as it was the only one he had found to make a difference but that was on a gen 1.

Air Filter

Unless you have had back-to-back comparative Dyno power runs done you will never know if it?s made any improvement.

So not for a 3 but Gen 4.
I've heard before that aftermarket filters don't offer many gains.
I was looking at the BMC filters (which I've used before) and they do 2 race versions. The dearest one they specify you have to get the bike mapped. As I will be getting that done when the full system goes on I thought I'd put one in.
I'm in three minds now
Stick to OEM, how much roughly are they to replace ?
or get one of the BMC ones, but if there's no real gain to be had why get the one that's nearly twice the price of the other?

I had a MWR filter on my 2015 and I also have one on my XR.

Would be interested to hear where you plan on having the remap done? also, which full system are you fitting?

Can you post a before and after dyno printout if possible please?

I'm having it done at Dave Wood Racing. Full Acky system but with SS headers.
I asked today about a filter and he said the OEM ones are very good but he's going to put an after market one in. Which one I don't know I'm leaving it to him.
I also asked about block of plates etc and he said nothing to gain but a bit of weight saving and reducing un burnt fuel in exhaust. So not bothering with that.

Back