Newb from Cheshire....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cinnabull

Reaction score
Heyup Guys

Well I haven't actually got a S1000RR quite yet, but have a deal provisionally set up or a 2017 rr sport in grey. I currently ride a Diavel which I love, but this will hopefully be p/exd if the deal goes to plan within he next week.

It will be some years since I have had a true sport bike, the last one being a Honda SP1. I am looking forward to the deal being finalised, but the insurance is way higher than I expected, 3 times what I currently pay.

Anyway, I am hopefull my wait will be over soon and I will get a few pics up, but I'm sure you all know what they look like !!

Stuart

hi welcome i am a virgin here as well , had the brand new s1000rr for about 2 weeks love it > Always had sportsbikes though . wow my insurance wasnt that much more than the blade . hope it goes well

Welcome to the forum Stuart!

Diavel?s are stunning looking bikes, have you enjoyed the ownership experience and if so have you had any standout experiences with it?

I?m sure you?re going to be thrilled with your new RR, what sort of riding do you enjoy primarily?

I too am surprised to hear your insurance premium is significantly higher than the Diavel. If you?ve not checked out BeMoto insurance, I would encourage you to do so as they are a forum Vendor and are superb to deal with.

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Thanks for the welcomes guys. Had a bit of a setback today I'm afraid. The bike I had been after and set up a deal with has been sold. The salesman who I was dealing with was not in this morning, and apparently someone else sold it. They did offer me another , same spec bike for the same price, but with three times the mileage which I declined. The one I wanted only had 1k on it. Back to the drawing board I'm afraid.

Oli, the Diavel is a amazing bike. Mine is the dark, with full polished Termis, ecu to match, and some other nice bits. They are not everyones cup of tea, but they certainly get noticed. One of my mates also has one, and we mainly flit round Wales on a Sunday, weather permitting. We are fair weather riders only I'm afraid. People just stare at them, especially the rear tyre.

Stuart

Hi, I joined just after you so a retrospective welcome???
I hope you get sorted with an S1000RR - I just bought a 2015 model and absolutely love it. Good luck.

Thanks for the welcomes guys. Had a bit of a setback today I'm afraid. The bike I had been after and set up a deal with has been sold. The salesman who I was dealing with was not in this morning, and apparently someone else sold it. They did offer me another , same spec bike for the same price, but with three times the mileage which I declined. The one I wanted only had 1k on it. Back to the drawing board I'm afraid.

Oli, the Diavel is a amazing bike. Mine is the dark, with full polished Termis, ecu to match, and some other nice bits. They are not everyones cup of tea, but they certainly get noticed. One of my mates also has one, and we mainly flit round Wales on a Sunday, weather permitting. We are fair weather riders only I'm afraid. People just stare at them, especially the rear tyre.

Stuart
3-4k miles is nothing. 30k plus is more significant.

If the bike is right then try to get it on your terms.

If they won't knock some money off, how about asking for 2 years free servicing?

- Alex

3-4k miles is nothing. 30k plus is more significant.

If the bike is right then try to get it on your terms.

If they won't knock some money off, how about asking for 2 years free servicing?

- Alex

Hi Alex,

The problem I have is the bike is/was in Sunderland and I'm in Warrington. The servicing idea would work for me but they wont pay a dealer more local to me to do this. Everything was basically sorted with the sales guy, but he had to deliver a bike yesterday and another salesman sold the one I was having. I was due to arrange pickup with my guy when he got back from the delivery, as it was getting serviced and on our last chat the day before their service dept had closed, hence I had to ring back yesterday to finalise everything. In hindsight I perhaps should have put a holding deposit on it, but never thought of that !!

Stuart

Hi Stuart, you should be able to find another bike with the low miles and spec you want. Have you tried Alan Jeffries?

Hi Stuart, you should be able to find another bike with the low miles and spec you want. Have you tried Alan Jeffries?

I'm looking everywhere. Obviously the price to change is a factor and the deal I had was IMO quite good financially and suited me. Other similar bikes at Motorrad dealers are costing over ?1k more to change, which is not possible for me at the moment. I prefer an approved BMW bike for peace of mind, but wont pay what I consider to be over the odds. I know what I can get, as I had the deal in my sticky fingers only to be snatched away at the last minute. I would imagine most dealers work on the same 'trade in' and 'buy in' prices, so they would probably all be paying around the same for these bikes, which is why I find it hard to justify paying over ?1k for basically the same bike from somewhere else. It would seem some dealers want to make more profit per unit, and others may accept less profit, but shift more units perhaps.

In fact, the dealer you have mentioned has a bike 1 year older, with ten times the mileage, and it costs more than what I was going to pay at Sunderland !!

Stuart

If you havent already try speaking to Simon at AJ and mention you were put on to him by this forum. They are a forum partner so will try and sort you out with a deal.

BMW dealers can vary dramatically in what they offer on a bike and what they sell for.

Hi Stuart, don't let this disappointment set you back; continue the search, plenty of other dealers who'll help. A great choice of bike and would suggest a test ride of one to keep up your interest, maybe from Chester Motorrad, of course assuming this wasn't the dealer that let you down.

Not too far from you and work in Warrington.

If you havent already try speaking to Simon at AJ and mention you were put on to him by this forum. They are a forum partner so will try and sort you out with a deal.

BMW dealers can vary dramatically in what they offer on a bike and what they sell for.

Hi Stuart, +1 on what Soof said.
Alan Jefferies are top notch in my opinion. Just give 'em a call and let us know how you get on....

Hey Hey Guys,

guess what... Yep, I've got one!!

Its the 17 Plate that was offered to me that I originally refused because I wanted lower miles, its done 4k now just. The dealer agreed to a full service on the bike, although technically it wasn't due yet, the price was right and its in my garage now. Two years full BMW warranty as its classed as a Motorrad Premium Bike, whatever that is.

I know what it is.... FAST, VERY FAST !!. Its a different type of fast to my Diavel, which was no slouch, and feels tiny. I'll get couple of pics up in the next few days,but I'm sure you all know what they look like anyways. What tank protectors would you guys recommend?? as I don want to mark it with my jacket.

Stuart

Congratulations on your new RR!

4K miles is very low mileage and you have peace of mind knowing you?ve purchased a BMW approved used machine with the associated warranty.
Am very glad to hear you?re throughly enjoying the bike already and I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Re tank protection, I have one of the BMW tank protectors and a set of tank traction pads. I would recommend Stomp Grip for the latter.
I am happy with this setup, though the only thing to bear in mind is if you install a tank bag (such as a Wunderlich Sport tank bag) you must ensure you have additional protection for the Tank Cover, as these will mark

Last edited:
Big plus 1 on the tank bag protection...my tank cover is quite badly marked as I completely forgot to put a cloth or whatever between bag and the cover on the NC500 blast. ...A microfibre cloth is ideal btw....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Big plus 1 on the tank bag protection...my tank cover is quite badly marked as I completely forgot to put a cloth or whatever between bag and the cover on the NC500 blast...
That wasn't your tank bag Stu. It was the stubble from yer chin as we were blatting down Loch Lomond...
-
BTW, congrats on your RR cinna.

Last edited:
couple of quik IPhone snaps put up in the showroom thread, but hey, you know what it looks like anyways !!

Stuart

That wasn't your tank bag Stu. It was the stubble from yer chin as we were blatting down Loch Lomond...
-
BTW, congrats on your RR cinna.
Lol... that was a great blast all the way to mine eh Hugh ! Pitty it wasn't properly dry..

Big plus 1 on the tank bag protection...my tank cover is quite badly marked as I completely forgot to put a cloth or whatever between bag and the cover on the NC500 blast. ...A microfibre cloth is ideal btw....

Snap...hoping I can get it polished out...

Back