Fresh Start

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v2simon

Reaction score
Picked up new beastie last Saturday after two Daytonas (one 600, one 675) and an RSVR (deranged but fun).
Always open to comments/info/tips about those quirks/weirdnesses that the manufacturers/dealers never tell you about (don't get me started on Aprilia).
Still limited to 9,000rpm, but enjoying the mid-range torque, quick-shifter, and brain-melting acceleration.
Not enjoying the deer that tried to kill me last night - how does the local wildlife always know when I've got a new bike?
Ride Free.

Welcome to the forum Simon and congratulations on your new RR!

What did you think of your Daytona 675?
I had one before I got my RR.

Very glad to hear you?re enjoying your RR, you?re in for an epic surprise when you get the first service out of the way. Full power awaits [emoji41]

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Simon and congratulations on your new RR!

What did you think of your Daytona 675?
I had one before I got my RR.

Very glad to hear you’re enjoying your RR, you’re in for an epic surprise when you get the first service out of the way. Full power awaits [emoji41]

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Aaargh! Quite a difficult question to answer - I got the 675 AFTER riding the RSVR for eight years. I met quite a few ex-RSVR drivers in the same position as me, couldn't afford the second mortgage for a Ducati, the KTM RC8 had disappeared, and the 675 was the closest anyone could get. I also had very fond memories of my four-cylinder Daytona 600, in my opinion a criminally under-rated bike.
The 675 was probably a better bike than the RSVR - better made, a couple of generations on in terms of kit, no worse performance (I have no illusions about my ability and what I can do with a bike), but in the end, I realised I actually missed the Italian drama queen. The 675 was actually a bit too nice, if you can say that about a modern sports-bike.
Should point out that, in the eighteen months I had it, for various reasons, I never did a trackday on it........

Back