Good morning

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T8y

Reaction score
Good morning and yes, indeed it is! Just waiting on flight to Newcastle to pick up new s1000rr. Can?t wait. Will update with photos later.

How's it gone? Stopped long enough for a photo?
Going great thanks. Just put 200 mile on her already. On the ferry back home now with a maniacal grin on my face. I feel like jack Nicholson...

I?ve just taken the one photo so far....

First impressions: absolutely love it. It is a hell of a machine and quite a few bikers stopped to admire it at the port. Coopers run me thoroughly through the machines many menus and gizmos. They left the lean angle menu on display and it?s fair to say I?m no Marc Marquez, but it sure is a nice thing to look at. I went from 16 degrees of lean on my first roundabout (with the shiny tyres and a squeaky arse😬) to 43 degrees near the end. Don?t think I?ll ever manage 68 degrees though! Would love to see the driver?s faces going round a bend with that sort of lean angle😂
The quickshifter is as smooth and instantaneous as I remember. Haven?t tried the down shift yet. Did see the traction light flicker coming off a roundabout! Didn?t really notice it intervening and I didn?t think that I was accelerating all that hard but I had it in the most intrusive rain mode (due to new tyres etc.) can?t wait to get her through the first service and unleash the full power. Will get some more photos on in due course. Will need to clean her up and have some stompgrips, tank pad and r&g bobbins and bungs to fit.

Looks awesome T8y! What part of N.i you from? around belfast?
Wgilst i waited to collect my Gen3 i sat and youtubed how to adjust the menus and stuff, so when i test rode it i had the pit limiter on leaving hursts past yamaha, everyone was out looking haha.

Looks awesome T8y! What part of N.i you from? around belfast?
Wgilst i waited to collect my Gen3 i sat and youtubed how to adjust the menus and stuff, so when i test rode it i had the pit limiter on leaving hursts past yamaha, everyone was out looking haha.

Haven?t tried the pit lane limiter, but have seen a video of it in action. I?m saintfield direction. I?m guessing you must be Lisburn

Its more of a novelty, will be fun at kirkiston haha. Yea im lisburn bud. Havent tried the launch control on mine yet tho. Must give that a whirl too

Happy days, health to enjoy!

Good to see more and more from NI on here now. Definitely have to get a meet sorted at some point. Ballynahinch direction myself.

I'm for Bishopscourt on mine on Sunday here which should be fun, first time on the track with it!

Happy days, health to enjoy!

Good to see more and more from NI on here now. Definitely have to get a meet sorted at some point. Ballynahinch direction myself.

I'm for Bishopscourt on mine on Sunday here which should be fun, first time on the track with it!
Just back from a quick trip out to Newcastle. Only bimbling but need to get the 600 mile up somehow!

Latest posts

Back