Hello

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1637

Reaction score
Hello all...just a quickie to introduce myself..

Im Mark from lincolnshire and I have just bought a 2016 1000rr.. (picking it up next week)

Im new to bmw's so any help or info regarding my new purchase will be greatly appreciated

Ive had R1's for the last 10 years so this is a big change and hopefully i wont regret it..

I also have a zx6r which i track day ( mainly at cadwell park )

Bye for now
Mark

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum, yep I think you'll find the BMW quite different to your R1's, is the bike you're going for modded in any way?

Hi ...its blue and white with 2k on the clock..its got an austin racing stubby can, various r&g bits, tail tidy, db screen, it says abs pro , slick mode ?? cruise contro etc ,but im not sure if any of that is standard anyway ...haha

Hi Budgie... Yeah it has some very nice twisty country roads and plenty of seaside stop offs to visit..

Welcome to the forum Mark and congratulations on your new RR!

In addition to your bike having all the electronic goodies, sounds like it has some nice mods already.
What sort of riding will you be using the Beemer for primarily? You definitely need to take it on track in future, any straights are a total recalibration [emoji41]

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Hi Oli...thanks for the welcoming message..mostly it will be used on the road as often as i can..i might give it a blast around cadwell park too if i dares haha..i already have a cheaper track bike which i dont mind crashing ��. Dont fancy dropping my new pride and joy just yet!

Hi Mark, I have had quite a few R1's over the years amongst others and I can definitely say that (although only purchased last week) my 2015 S1000RR is by far the best bike I have ever ridden, I'm sure you will love it. Congratulations on the purchase.

Thanks for that...thats nice to know you prefer it to your previous bikes.....cant wait until tuesday, thats when i finally get it ride it home

Hi Mark ive had my new s1rr a few weeks now ( doing dreaded running in) traded a blade even thought i had many r1 s this is by the far the best bike ive owned and i am not even used to it yet . be safe and may see you at the woods sometime enjoying their finest tea lol :teapot:

Back