Scott Redding v Bradley Smith ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parley Waller

Reaction score
Just watched qualifing for tomorrows Moto2 . Scott Redding = 3rd Bradley Smith 15th ! Can anyone work out how lucky Smith is to get a Tech 3 MotoGp ride next year when the likes of Leon Haslam etc may well be hunting for a ride of any sort? ??? Redding on a satalite Ducati is rumoured , lets hope so. ;D

Parley Waller link=topic=1322.msg12407#msg12407 date=1345905402 said:
Just watched qualifing for tomorrows Moto2 . Scott Redding = 3rd Bradley Smith 15th ! Can anyone work out how lucky Smith is to get a Tech 3 MotoGp ride next year when the likes of Leon Haslam etc may well be hunting for a ride of any sort? ??? Redding on a satalite Ducati is rumoured , lets hope so. ;D
Smith might have a big sponsor that will follow him to Tech 3. I think Redding will be a future people's Champ ;) I like the way he rides ;D

The simple fact of the matter is Bradders rides for Tech 3 already on a Tech 3 Moto2 chassis that is a pile of dogshit. It hasn't had any development since Moto2 started.

He's actually doing very well considering and although Redding might be the better choice for a MotoGP ride it ain't happening as Ducati have totally fucked off Marc VDS.

The only hope is a Marc VDS sponsored 4 wheeled racer is being courted by Audi who are desperate to get him to drive an Audi. This might help Marc VDS clinch the Junior Ducati deal.

Redding is the most exciting to watch, Bradley with the right tool is very consistant. My mate was talking to james whittam about this and his alledged response was he'd go with Redding any day, but if Bradley got laid and stopped listening to disney theme tunes he'd be right up there.

jamie link=topic=1322.msg12418#msg12418 date=1345912015 said:
Redding is the most exciting to watch, Bradley with the right tool is very consistant. My mate was talking to james whittam about this and his alledged response was he'd go with Redding any day, but if Bradley got laid and stopped listening to disney theme tunes he'd be right up there.
We will all know when that has happend - he will lose his sqeaky voice! LOL :eek:

Hate to mention £££ but Smith is bringing plenty of it to GP's, you don't gey a top ride without it, regardless of talent. If money wern't an issue im sure Ponceral would have preferred to keep this years line up for next ???

Scott is a relation of the keys bros who own my local yam dealership & roger their dad is his manager. I've known Scott since he was about 11 racing in the Spanish juniors, he has always been completely fearless so a duke ride would suit him. Because he wouldn't take the "vitamin" pills the spaniards took to suppress their growth like pedrosa & marquess he's too damn big for the smaller classes now so it's got to be Moto gp. He is still a massive hero out in Spain and does loads of pop vids & commercials, so sponsors aren't an issue & the duke ride ain't over yet so he got more tests lined up in misano so who knows???
I was lucky enough to be at donnington with the blusens team when he got his first win a great day.
Go Scott !

Was at donny that day, great result! Speaking to Leon Haslem last week at a promo day, (he signed my bike :) ) he said that a honda ride is most likely for him, ten kate?....

I don't understand how he got a MotoGP ride either considering he's done nothing in 125, 250 or Moto2.
Far more talented rider out, RdP, Hernandez, Redding etc etc

"emmm uhhhh ermmmm uhhhhh emmmmm" - Bradley Smith in every interview.

fatbob link=topic=1322.msg12546#msg12546 date=1346164071 said:
I dont think either of them are capable of winning fuck all in the premier class.

I'd go with that..

Hopper link=topic=1322.msg14057#msg14057 date=1348948059 said:
I dont think either of them are capable of winning fuck all in the premier class.

I'd go with that..
And Crutchlow can? I'm all for the Brits but can't see any of our boys breaking the Spanish/Italian strangle hold on the premier class. With Casey out Crutchlow can get on the podium but next year with the best moving up from Moto2 it will be even tougher for him ???

Parley Waller link=topic=1322.msg14061#msg14061 date=1348948956 said:
Hopper link=topic=1322.msg14057#msg14057 date=1348948059 said:

I'd go with that..
And Crutchlow can? I'm all for the Brits but can't see any of our boys breaking the Spanish/Italian strangle hold on the premier class. With Casey out Crutchlow can get on the podium but next year with the best moving up from Moto2 it will be even tougher for him ???

Next season, the fairy tale is over for Curtchlow.

A bit too british for me. they cant actually win the championship so slag them!! How many people will actually win the premier league. There may be ups and downs and he may never take the title but im hoping crutchlow will go from strength to strength and good luck to the other brits. if other countries had the same attitude we may as well have a line up on the grid of THREE. There is a long list of top class riders who never lifted the trophy.....just saying :eek: ;D

If you think about it, dovi was fighting at the front when on the honda, looks to me that cruchy is now a match for him being on the same bike etc spies being left behind as well? That old story which will never happen is if all were on the same bike where would they finish? Classic case is rossi..... Rea was 1.5secs off the pace on a world class race winning bike (which is great) I personally think (and hope) cruchy gets the support he and the team needs to close the gap and carry on stuffing the ducs. Smith/redding, 4th and 3rd i think in the end.
BSB and WSB close second is by far the best to watch tho !! ;D ;D

bananaman link=topic=1322.msg14147#msg14147 date=1349092181 said:
If you think about it, dovi was fighting at the front when on the honda, looks to me that cruchy is now a match for him being on the same bike etc spies being left behind as well? That old story which will never happen is if all were on the same bike where would they finish? Classic case is rossi..... Rea was 1.5secs off the pace on a world class race winning bike (which is great) I personally think (and hope) cruchy gets the support he and the team needs to close the gap and carry on stuffing the ducs. Smith/redding, 4th and 3rd i think in the end.
BSB and WSB close second is by far the best to watch tho !! ;D ;D
Agreed, BSB is the f@@@ing nuts, love it. race 2 silverstone this weekend WOW

Back