BMW S1000RR Ticking noise

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup me too. 2017 model. It's quite audible on the work commute (mostly 30-40mph roads with lots of traffic). If I give it some licks it goes away so I'm leaning on it being the flap in the header at low speeds.

Mine is running Arrow headers so no flaps and still ticks.
If I have followed this thread correctly you are running a 2017 (Euro4) with arrow headers, no cat and a slip-on. If so do you have a fueling module and if not, how is the bike running? - Apart from the ticking!

If I have followed this thread correctly you are running a 2017 (Euro4) with arrow headers, no cat and a slip-on. If so do you have a fueling module and if not, how is the bike running? - Apart from the ticking!

That's correct. Arrow headers, and slip on. Runs pretty well actually. No fuel controller at the moment, but will be going Rapidbike.

I’ve had similar symptoms on my gen 1 and on my last ride finally I’ve heard knock and engine start rattling so need to recover it back to the garage now scared to thing what’s gone but probably will need to find new engine, get it check before is too late

I'm coming from (but keeping) my R1 and on my first demo run on a 7000mile Gen3 found the engine rough and course but, " They all do that Sir!" and I just put it down to a bit of character which I quite like, after the blandness of the Yam and also my daughter's turbine like 675 Daytona.

Latest posts

Back