Nurburgring Nordschleife

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flippin eck, that R6 rider is on it!
The first video made me feel queasy. All those fairings. Coupla good saves tho.
Lol. Thanks for posting that.

The ring is technically/actually a public (one-way) road, so it would stand to reason that bikes have to be road legal, but I'm sure others can say if they've been able to take track bikes on....

I've been there once, with some ....older gents... who were veteran visitors. They said don't touch it if it's remotely wet, because of all the oil on the track. Two bikes went down on oil the day I was there, at Karusel... I have driven the ring 1000s of times on video games, and although it does help you learn the circuit, nothing prepared me for the changes in altitude which make you wonder if you've correctly remembered what's coming next...but each lap seemed to go past in a flash. Quite a buzz, but it remains quite dangerous if only because of the proximity of the barriers, and the fact that cars can often get round the corners faster than a lot of bikes. Still, the buzz of nuking them on the 2/3 mile long straight is worth the wait :)

..oh, and all the tourists who can rent a souped-up car a have one lap blasts are to be avoided - definitely a case of ambition far outweighing ability....

Last edited:
You can?t do the full back straight, it?s blocked halfway down for the toll. Which straight are you referring to?

For the touristenfahrten days where the nordschleife operates as a public one-way toll-road, all vehicles must be fully road legal.

To my knowledge, the massive back straight is only open during open pit lane track days

Last edited:
For the touristenfahrten days where the nordschleife operates as a public one-way toll-road, all vehicles must be fully road legal.

To my knowledge, the massive back straight is only open during open pit lane track days
Do they run track days for motorbikes?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes there are bike only days on the 'ring. The GP circuit probably has days too but who goes for that?

Do they run track days for motorbikes?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, there are car and bike exclusive days and combined days.
Motorrad, the German motorcycle publication even run training days (though these are very expensive).

Yes there are bike only days on the 'ring. The GP circuit probably has days too but who goes for that?

To my knowledge there are even Nurburgring track-days which offer the combined GP and Nordschleife circuit for the full Endurance circuit experience [emoji41]

Do you use a jousting pole to reach the reader with your CC at 180mph?

Or just reach out a long arm?

Lol +1

Do you by any chance have a link to whoever organizes bike track days there ?

I've searched all over the place on google and only thing I can see either TF or car track days.

I took my GSA there in 2015 and loved it although I was a bit tense when first starting as the locals don't hang around. Wasn't that busy when I was there which was nice.

As it stands I'm heading there in September if I get a chance on my HP4.

I took my GSA there in 2015 and loved it although I was a bit tense when first starting as the locals don't hang around. Wasn't that busy when I was there which was nice.

As it stands I'm heading there in September if I get a chance on my HP4.

I assume you go for a tourist's day ?

Yes. Great fun!

Generally from 5:30 to 7:30 Or something like that.

I clocked 140mph on the straight which wasn't bad for a lump.

So I hate to be wrong, but Nurburgring doesnt do motorbike track days, unless it's ADAC or Motorrad training courses.

Last edited:
If you get the chance go. It's a lot of fun, but not to be confused with a trackday. You'll never 'learn', that would take a few trips and a lot of laps. Avoid the wet, it can be treacherous, just no. But in the dry it's fine. You just need to ride it like a road not a track and ride within your vision. Not all of the corners are kind, you can tear round a corner to find yourself going a little quick for the next one so be aware! There is a straight at the end of the lap, ending in a coned section leading back to the start. You should see 180mph there if you get on it as soon as it opens up. But save that for your second lap when you'll realise you're there. The surface grip is ok (at best) but don't let the paint/graffiti put you off. Hang around the start for a bit to see if you can avoid a fleet of locals in their hot hatches setting off behind you. The s1000rr in sport or race mode is an ideal 'ring toy, you'll see quite a few of them at the start area, worth talking to them before you go to get the latest on the condition.

Do you by any chance have a link to whoever organizes bike track days there ?

I've searched all over the place on google and only thing I can see either TF or car track days.
https://www.motorradonline.de/actionteam/motorradtraining/35416

Well worth doing if you want to learn the track relatively quickly and as Safe as it can be. Riders on this course can still fall/crash and get hurt but this is rare, also if it is wet/raining you still go out on section training and then full laps. If you need any other info pm me.

Last edited:
Back