Good evening

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRoey

Reaction score
Hi guys & girls, will be changing my 2008 fireblade for a 15 plate s1000rr in August, came here for inspiration, tips and any issues on buying a used gen 3

make sure and get one with all the option on it, i seen one recently for sale without rider pro or whatever you call it.

they seem to be pretty cheap now for a well sorted bike. ideally forged wheels if you can, i never knew that, assumed they all were, and wasnt informed otherwise, been told it makes quite some difference to the bike too.

Hi guys & girls, will be changing my 2008 fireblade for a 15 plate s1000rr in August, came here for inspiration, tips and any issues on buying a used gen 3
If you don?t mind me asking what sort of budget are you aiming for a 15 plate bike? I just bought a new 18 for the same price I would have paid for a low mileage 15!

Ive got around 12.5k to play with
That?s not far from what you could pick a new base sport one up for. Cooper Sunderland are giving ?2000 finance contribution to all new ones ordered by end of June and delivered by the end of September. IMO defo worth a look. (If you have the cash, you can still take their finance get ?2000 contribution and withdraw from the finance when you get the bike home. Effectively a ?2000 saving off the bike! I?ve done this many times before with new cars.) I couldn?t believe it when I did the deal. Picking mine up on Monday.

Intriguing.... i think i best go check them out, thanks mate 👍👍👍
You?re most welcome. I received the offer via email as I?m on their mailing list and I believe it is on their Facebook page but not on the website. This is the second time I?ve used coopers and they?re really great and easy to deal with. I dealt with a guy Mark Exley on both occasions. Good luck!

Was just looking on there website & noticed deal was ?750 towards, ill opt in for emails & check out the facebook page thanks

Was just looking on there website & noticed deal was ?750 towards, ill opt in for emails & check out the facebook page thanks
Yes I could only find that deal on the website too. I rang and spoke to mark mentioned the ?2000 contribution for a new one they were offering and he had all the details.

Cheers link works, ive always saved up for used bikes and pcp & other finance deals get my head hurting lol, initial plan was to sell my blade & get a 7.5k loan, think i better get a notepad/calculator out and work out my options

Cheers link works, ive always saved up for used bikes and pcp & other finance deals get my head hurting lol, initial plan was to sell my blade & get a 7.5k loan, think i better get a notepad/calculator out and work out my options
You can still do that. It?s fairly simple 1. you have the personal loan sitting ready. 2. You take the pcp deal with dealer and get your ?2000 contribution paid. 3. Ride the bike home. 4. Ring finance company and either withdraw from finance agreement or pay it off early. (Withdrawal- you will be charged minimal interest circa ?5 a day for length of time it?s taken you to withdraw you usually only have 14 days to withdraw. Early settlement- probably charged about ?120-200 in interest.) 5. You keep the ?2000 discount. Happy rider!

Welcome to the forum!

Gen 3 RR?s are amazing bikes, the only difference between the 15-18 MY bikes is that some of the 16 MY bikes come with ABS Pro and for the 17 MY came Euro4 compliance.

I have a 15 plate myself and it?s been a fantastic ownership experience. That being said depending on budget and what options are available I would recommend a 16 or 17 plate bike as there have been improvements over the years despite no drastic changes occurring.
I would also recommend the HP forged wheels if possible as they represent good vfm when purchased as an upgrade on a new bike, or if included on a second-hand bike.

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
Hopefully you?re onboard your ideal RR in the not too distant future [emoji4]

Oli

You can still do that. It’s fairly simple 1. you have the personal loan sitting ready. 2. You take the pcp deal with dealer and get your ?2000 contribution paid. 3. Ride the bike home. 4. Ring finance company and either withdraw from finance agreement or pay it off early. (Withdrawal- you will be charged minimal interest circa ?5 a day for length of time it’s taken you to withdraw you usually only have 14 days to withdraw. Early settlement- probably charged about ?120-200 in interest.) 5. You keep the ?2000 discount. Happy rider!

Seems like a good option, although you will have two credit searches on your credit file (which could weaken it?) and they possibility of a Voluntary Termination on your credit file when you cancel the PCP?
Just an observation as been in vehicle finance for 20+ years.

I would go for a 15-16 bike with as many toys as possible, as mentioned earlier in the conversation.
Def need the performance package, which most of them should have.
Forged wheels is a plus too (wish I had them on mine)
I had a 16 + 17 (16 had a faulty frame so was changed) and for sound I would say the 15-16 is better as the EU4 makes the bike much quieter when you fit an end can.
17 onwards you will need a full system and power commander to get a "sweet sound"
Either way I am sure you will love the S1000RR and also this forum

Seems like a good option, although you will have two credit searches on your credit file (which could weaken it?) and they possibility of a Voluntary Termination on your credit file when you cancel the PCP?
Just an observation as been in vehicle finance for 20+ years.
Yes that?s a fair point. It wouldn?t be a voluntary termination, rather a loan having been paid off. To me a voluntary termination would be when you hand the vehicle back early. That?s why you do the personal loan application first. It is easier to get pcp on a vehicle than personal finance (probably because of the security involved against the vehicle?) I?ve done this numerous times and if you go on to any car forum you will see that this is a common practice.

That?s not far from what you could pick a new base sport one up for. Cooper Sunderland are giving ?2000 finance contribution to all new ones ordered by end of June and delivered by the end of September. IMO defo worth a look. (If you have the cash, you can still take their finance get ?2000 contribution and withdraw from the finance when you get the bike home. Effectively a ?2000 saving off the bike! I?ve done this many times before with new cars.) I couldn?t believe it when I did the deal. Picking mine up on Monday.

+1 for Cooper Sunderland, I bought both of my S1K's through them, for what it's worth I'd go for the newest bike you can afford with Sport spec and ideally with forged wheels. Do not pay ?12.5k for a '15 bike unless it's very special.

Thanks for all the advice guys, much appreciated ������

Back