Brembo m4 calipers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chocolatier

Reaction score
I know most are going to recommend going hp4 calipers but these are just m4's so as long as they are 100mm fitting any reason not to save money buy getting non bmw versions.

Looking to change mine on my 17 plate, I know it means lines but that's easy to sort

They are the same so no problem. BTW if you want some new sc pads for the calipers please see my FS post, I have a new set still boxed.

I?ve got these for sale but they?re not BMW specific .
By that I mean they don?t have the recess for the dowels .

They are 100mm spacing though and will for the beamers
28ec90e9f0d345f6fbf638e0097684ff.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got these for sale but they’re not BMW specific .
By that I mean they don’t have the recess for the dowels .

They are 100mm spacing though and will for the beamers

Are they BMW lines or just want came with them? How much you after?

Are they BMW lines or just want came with them? How much you after?

They are a generic line although I did have them on s1000rr and the lines fitted fine although the left side is longer than you need . Just have to be creative with how you route it.

I’ve got these for sale but they’re not BMW specific .
By that I mean they don’t have the recess for the dowels .

So is that THE difference between off-the-shelf M4's and the ones they supplied for the HP4? Dowel recesses?
Is there a Brembo Part No. for the BMW spec ones?

So is that THE difference between off-the-shelf M4's and the ones they supplied for the HP4? Dowel recesses?
Is there a Brembo Part No. for the BMW spec ones?

To the best of my knowledge on M4?s yes. The BMW specific M4?s have a recess for the dowels on the mount but others don?t.
I just removed the dowels and had no issues.
Some may argue it?s not ideal but I had no problems at the end of Bentley straight haha

I wasn't suggesting it was an issue. I was just curious if it was the only difference known.

Thanks for clarifying.

- Alex

A mate bored mine to fit the dowels,however,there is no problem using them without dowels-providing you apply the brake whilst tightening the caliper bolts.

If you want to install the M4 you will also need a bit longer brake lines. Maybe 3-4 cm. The GP4 RX do not have this problem

Thanks everyone for the input and help, everything is on hold at the moment while I sort things out, roll on winter when maybe I can start doing the mods I want

Back