Hello!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bioni

Reaction score
Debating if i should buy my long time dream bike, the S1RR.
It will be used as my only bike, as i can't afford and don't have safe storage for more then one :moody:.

How many of you owners use it for daily commutes etc? Not much city commuting, but about 50 miles of country lanes with some highway and minimum of filtering.

Other then that, weekend trips and one, two weeks at the most touring.

Cheers everyone!

Hi welcome to the forum. I think the rr will meet your requirements, plenty of members use them for daily commuting and then go do trackdays!

Welcome to the forum Bioni!

I agree that an RR will be suitable, I used mine for commuting a while back and it was absolutely fine. In fact, it was a fantastic way to start and end every day!

What is your riding background and where are you based?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I?m sure it won?t take long before you realise an RR is a wise decision [emoji4]

Oli

Thank you :).

I don?t have an extensive riding background, but i?ve been riding motocross some for some years and currently ride a CB 650 :).
I have relatives in their 20?s and up in their 60?s all riding and touring on a supersport, so i figured it was time for me to take the leap :)

I am based on the west coast of Norway.

Welcome!

West coast of Norway? Anywhere near Stavanger? It's the only place I've been, hence asking :p
How is the road riding up there, any must do road trips?

Norway is excellent... Oslo to Stavanger using the E134 is a great blast.

My mate was on a GS I was on my RR2 Blade..on the last 2 to 3 hours we were sitting at a rapid pace all the way in to Stavanger..lovely big sweepers not a lot of traffic..
2dca90b0a1d0429989d4d4cd5c84c4ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have just bought a 2015 S1000RR and I don't like long rides really but my first journey was over 100 miles and I got off the bike as though it had been a 10 minute journey.
The riding position is so comfortable - I went out again last night, only about 30 miles but it is such a comfortable ride that I would happily commute on it (weather dependent!).

Back