Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ‘Bout ye

‘Bout ye

Hello. I am a long time reader of the forum but only having joined today. I have ordered a new 2018 SKR in motorsport colours, performance and pillion packs. Flying over Monday 18th to Newcastle to pick the bike up from Cooper Sunderland. The guys there made me an unbeatable offer on a new one. (Actually working out cheaper than buying a 3 year old one from my local dealer!) I dealt with Mark Exley and he has been fantastic from the start. Mark is picking me up from the airport and taking me to the showroom to pick up the bike. Then it’ll be a 190 mile ride to Cairnryan before a 2 hour sailing home. Plenty of time to start to learn the bike and RTFM! This isn’t my first SKR, having bought a 2010 one from Mark at Cooper Sunderland 5 years ago. Passed my test back in May 2008 a week after Robert Dunlop passed at the NW200. Love all types of racing from road racing to MotoGP and can’t leave out the World Superbikes with Johnny Rea! I live only 5 minutes from the old ‘Temple 100’ races which I used to watch as a boy with Joey and Robert regular competitors. Unfortunately too many deaths meant the end of the races. If you haven’t seen them look up some old races on YouTube - proper road racing. Finally my history in riding - cbr400rr, 2007 fireblade, 2009 fireblade, 2013 Street triple R, 2010 Ducati 1198, 2010 S1000RR and 2012 Ducati 1199S. Absolutely love the Ducati’s and will probably venture that way again in the future. However the BM in motorsport is just stunning. Look forward to exchanging tips etc in the future!

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Re: ‘Bout ye

Great intro, welcome to the forum. I've read plenty about the 1199S being an animal, that true in your opinion?

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new bike.

Ah a fellow countryman, welcome to the forum! I’ve just joined today also, good luck on the 190mil run home(plus ferry).
    Hope the weather is good for you on the run home..

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Great intro, welcome to the forum. I've read plenty about the 1199S being an animal, that true in your opinion?
    It was an absolute beast in terms of acceleration. I just gelled really well with it though. I found it quite easy to ride even at relatively low speeds and found I was able to carry better corner speed, confidently, than any other bike I owned. Had a comfortable riding position too for such a radical bike and thankfully my boll*x werenÂ’t half as warm as they were on the 1198 due to the change from under seat exhausts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots75 View Post
    Ah a fellow countryman, welcome to the forum! I’ve just joined today also, good luck on the 190mil run home(plus ferry).
    Hope the weather is good for you on the run home..
    Thanks. Even if the weather isn’t great it’ll be a fantastic ride home. In the words of the great Jamie Whitman watching Jonathan Rea win in heavy rain on a Honda: ‘ All Northern Ireland men go well in the rain. Over there if you don’t ride in the rain then you don’t ride!’

Thanks soof

Quote Originally Posted by T8y View Post
    Thanks. Even if the weather isn’t great it’ll be a fantastic ride home. In the words of the great Jamie Whitman watching Jonathan Rea win in heavy rain on a Honda: ‘ All Northern Ireland men go well in the rain. Over there if you don’t ride in the rain then you don’t ride!’

Lol, couldn’t agree more! Well said, I picked my SKRr up about 6weeks ago and absolutely love it, a big change up from my wee Gixxer 600! I’ll never go back now, why did I wait so long for a thou I’ll never know, can’t wait to hit the north coast again, brilliant roads!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots75 View Post
    Lol, couldn’t agree more! Well said, I picked my SKRr up about 6weeks ago and absolutely love it, a big change up from my wee Gixxer 600! I’ll never go back now, why did I wait so long for a thou I’ll never know, can’t wait to hit the north coast again, brilliant roads!
    Yes the coast road is great. Nice ride up in great weather and a completely different road on the way back down.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to T8y For This Useful Post:

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Flyingscotsman's Avatar
    Riding
    S1k 2013 Black

Welcome to the forum. Great introduction