TT v Moto GP

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decent piece by Matt Oxley.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/motorcycles/motogp-versus-tt

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I read it today on way to work and

it's the most stupidest and lame article I've ever read in my life.

7 paragraphs of utter void info.

no real comparison, all personal opinion, again without any facts.

ps.
this just reminded me, how dangerous anglo-saxon society has become, where pokemon-go and such articles have become a norm in the news space.

Speak your mind pal

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
That's exactly what I did.

The guy didn't say a word about MotoGP in 7 paragraphs (apart from comparing gaps, which is like comparing apples to oranges).

He is an idiot and his material is of the level of DM. Substitute TT with Love Island and you wouldn't notice any difference.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well I haven't read it but Matt Oxley has spent most if his working life as a bike journalist and some time racer including doing a 100mph lap of the TT on a TZR250 back in the day so I'd say he's qualified to have a valid opinion.

OK I've read it now, it's just a piece of opinion, illustrated with some facts, like countless other pieces published in the press, personally it doesn't stir any particular response from me one way or the other

It seems lacking focus, but there were a few points he covered culminating in how MotoGP can be blind to its own risks when road racing risks are more obvious.

MotoGP folk are shocked by deaths at the TT, but they are adults choosing to...Andreas Perez, was 14 when he died this weekend at a CEV race. The danger exists in both and the CEV runs very much younger competitors.

The piece is a filler, content for contents sake but hardly deserved all the vitriol above.

- Alex

TT vs MotoGP Article

The article had a few interesting points but for me it's just another piece of post-TT journalism.

Decent piece by Matt Oxley.
Thanks for posting that Stu.

...it's the most stupidest and lame article I've ever read in my life...
Bit harsh 3B, what you usually reading to say that? If anything, blame the sub-editor for mis-titling the article. It's a piece about the TT. Plenty of other places to gets facts and read about MotoGP.

-

Nice thought that this years 1st and 2nd in the Senior are separated by a couple of seconds after a couple of hundred miles at full blat, essentially alone. Not as dreamy as it first reads tho, in reality Hicky took a wrong turn and was slower in the pits, so probably more coincidence rather than two men finding the same limit of current bike tech...

Back