Focused Events euro track day reviews

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
Has anyone done EU track days with FE ? I'm about to pull a trigger on Mugello this summer, but a bit hesitant after reading some bad reviews on customer service and bikes transport.

I have been to Mugello the last 2 years with FE, doing Imola and Mugello this year as well.
FE share this event with Promo Racing who are an Italian TDO, it?s really well organised, Mugello is the most amazing track, it?s awesome, you will love it [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Euro Trackdays

I?ve done plenty of Euro trackdays with both Focused Events and No Limits and I?ve never had any issues or problems with either company.

How did you wrap you bike ?

Do they check fuel level and the battery ?

Also, does it make more sense to take spare tires or extra set of wheels (in case of wet track) with you?

ive had no issues with FE uk or euro days. we bubble wrapped our bikes and had no damage and didnt here of anyone else having any. they didnt check our batterys but not much effort to disconnect anyway. we take spare tyres, both slick and wets. you could take wheels but its no problem swapping tyres on to your one set of wheels, less weight and easier to pack if you just take tyres. imo
6rIrfrr.jpg

Last edited:
ive had no issues with FE uk or euro days. we bubble wrapped our bikes and had no damage and didnt here of anyone else having any. they didnt check our batterys but not much effort to disconnect anyway. we take spare tyres, both slick and wets. you could take wheels but its no problem swapping tyres on to your one set of wheels, less weight and easier to pack if you just take tyres. imo

they allow 1 set only, right ? or you can pay for additional one ?

Never had my fuel level checked, always leave my battery connected, I take the bike with new tyres (slicks) and a spare rear wheel with another new slick and maybe another new rear alick, depends how many days I am doing, a slick only lasts me a day or a day and a half. I never take wets to Spain or Italy.

Fuel and bat not checked but its customs that don't like fuel being transported in large amounts so its not their fault they are made to ask.

Battery is due to a bike setting itself on fire once. So again they have to tell you to do it.

You can take anything within reason if you pay.

- Alex

they allow 1 set only, right ? or you can pay for additional one ?

yes 1 set but there was 2 of us so tapped 3 tyres together each so got away with an extra set. i think if you dont take the piss your ok. we also fit new tyres to the bike. yes you can pay for extras to be safe.:)

Last edited:
I don't wrap my bike, pretty sure most damage on it is caused by me.

If you do wrap it, make sure it can be moved easily. Controls must be free access and free to move.

- Alex

You can buy tyres from FE, not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. They mainly offer Dunlop?s I use K106/108 slicks, they do treads as well.
They also offer fitting services.

Euro Trackdays

I normally have new slicks mounted on the bike and another new set fitted to a spare set of wheels. It?s not essential to have spare wheels as the general atmosphere in the paddock is much more relaxed on a multi-day Euro event so you will have plenty of time to change tyres. I only take wets to certain tracks and again that will depend on what time of year I?m visiting a particular circuit.

With regards to the bike I always make sure my fuel tank is full and I have never bothered disconnecting the battery. I also wrap the bike regardless of whether the haulage company uses a stillage or not. To date I have never incurred any damage to a bike on the countless overseas trackdays I have done with Focused Events or No Limits. You will always read horror stories on Forums but very rarely positive reports from the hundreds of other customers that have all had very good experiences with either TDO on Euro events.

Used nl , focussed and pacedayz all very good (for euros). Being of a moderate pace i have 1 aet on bike and front and rear spare. I dont take wets, if its raining the its in the bar for me. Ive had 21 days in spain and only had 1 damp session

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wets

The only tracks I take wets to are Assen, Spa, Le Mans, Portimao (late season) and Brno.

How does grouping work at euro events? Do they normally chrono people and move them around based on time?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Depends on organisers. I was shocked when we went with pacedayz on the average speed. "Fast group" was proper races like laverty, hickman etc leading the way, "middle" group was equal to fast in uk and "bottom" group was inters pace. On all euro trips the average pace i have found to be higher than uk but that might be just the 7 ive done

Euro Trackdays

The grouping system is the same as in the UK but in general there are far less novices on Euro events. Most of Focused Event?s trackdays are now Chrono days but you will have to check with them directly to confirm if your event will be structured as such.

Re: Euro Trackdays

+1. In my opinion that?s no bad thing as it means less traffic!
I must admit the first time i went to alcarass i did lap 1 girl twice in a session and i was only doing 2 min laps [emoji23]

Back