Brake Discs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Mine were at the wear limit or thereabouts at the big service last month. I gave them a feel tonight they're is a definite lip on the outer edge and ridges on the disc faces

I reckon I'll need to replace very soon...any recommendations ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I would personally just stick with the OEM Brembo front brake discs as they are extremely good.

I don't get the difference here?
S/Steel bushing diff?
ecf4d0ab16bc0da8b5ff5808642c82ea.jpg

- Alex

I would go for the serie Oro from carpimoto. Mine are the standard wheels not HP4. From carpimoto discs were 113? each compared to about 500 quid a pair from BMW.

I'm of the mind I need discs.. I'm that bothered about it and despite having a micrometer and service limits to hand I still haven't taken measurements..nor have I REALLY looked for my missing key. I promise I will get round to it.

Anyhow theres a guy on EB selling these.. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/142827688362

I looked them up and they appear to be a fine piece of kit...any opinions... are they 700 a pair ?

Thanks in advance chaps.

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Brembo T-Drive Brake Discs

Brembo T-Drive discs are normally just used on race bikes hence the cost. I used to use them and they are brilliant on track. They are probably a bit overkill for road use and they are also quite noisy which can be a bit unsettling at first.

Re: Brembo T-Drive Brake Discs

More than you need but yes right part and good price.

- Alex

Brembo T-Drive discs are normally just used on race bikes hence the cost. I used to use them and they are brilliant on track. They are probably a bit overkill for road use and they are also quite noisy which can be a bit unsettling at first.

Guys prepared to sell me the pair for ?350 delivered... what do you think ?

Re: Brembo T-Drive Brake Discs

Even if they ae genuine the T-discs may not be the best for a road bike. The Q&A on the Carpimoto site indicates that the race discs even although thicker don't last as long as the Serie Oro because the bells of the floating part wear out more quickly.

Brembo T-Drive Brake Discs

I personally wouldn?t use them on a road bike.

Back