QS problems and instant gasket

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephens1000rr

Reaction score
Ok as said before I replaced the rearsets on the bike and now the QS not working, works on when it?s on a paddock stand but took it down the street and it?s not working (i use gp shift) any ideas?

Also I?m replacing the timming cover and seen it uses instant gaskets and just making sure that this is the right one??

9f7fc66fdd04b9ea657d7df2ff6887e3.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quickshifter / Shift Assist

Try resetting the quickshifter as that normally works.

Quickshifter Reset

Performing a reset is simple. Just put the bike on paddock stands; disconnect and reconnect the battery; turn the bike on and run through each gear selecting each one for over 10 seconds. You are effectively resetting the adaptive values which normally resolves most issues.

Re: Quickshifter Reset

Performing a reset is simple. Just put the bike on paddock stands; disconnect and reconnect the battery; turn the bike on and run through each gear selecting each one for over 10 seconds. You are effectively resetting the adaptive values which normally resolves most issues.

Dead on mate will give it a blast thank you mate

If there's too much play in the clutch cable that could affect the quickshifter, but just changing the rearsets seems to be the cause in this case? Have you checked the clutch switch just be sure?

This picture is from the older model, but the same logic applies:

261klfc.png

Are all the adjustment nuts properly seated as in the picture?

A QS sensor can not be tested on a paddock stand, as mentioned before, even bikes without a QS feel like they have one on the paddockstand.

Your dealer can confirm correct working of the sensor on the workshop computer. If you are absolutely sure that the QS is mounted correctly and the clutch microswitch is working, ask the dealer to diagnose the QS sensor.

The clutch switch is responsible for 75% of all the quickshifter problems.

Quickshifter / Shift Assist

It can be reset on paddock stands as per BMW advice. If that doesn?t resolve the issue then you are absolutely correct it will need to be checked on BMW?s diagnostic system for faults.

Correct, but you cannot validate a working quickshifter by testing on a paddock.

Edit:

The suggested liquid gasket is fine, AlphaRacing sells this liquid gasket.

But I like to use the same grey liquid gasket as BMW uses, you can order it at the dealer with your frame number.

Anyone on here on any s1000rr forums on Facebook think I got the switches sorted up we?re the clutch is but the gear selector like too spongy, I can send a video threw Facebook to show you what I mean?

Anyone on here on any s1000rr forums on Facebook think I got the switches sorted up we’re the clutch is but the gear selector like too spongy, I can send a video threw Facebook to show you what I mean?

Dont know on the later models but my '15 shift assist was sprung loaded presumably to only shift when all parameters were right as opposed to a force shift.

Back