Independent PCP deals

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Gonna get a 2nd bike (Jimmy and Andy's fault, FFS). Anyone taken one of these out? I investigated it when I got a car recently but decided not at the time for other reasons.
Obviously puts one on the back foot for negotiating the price as the dealer doesn't benefit.

I have used lombard asset finance for cars in the past, not for bikes though.

Btw, dont know if the GSA floats your boat Huge but mine is available. Looking around the same bike is retailing around ?12.5k. I have been offered ?9.8k by the trade, I would take ?10k. That would include Vat as it is registered to my business and we would produce a vat invoice, so if you were considering buying through your business it would be very cheap tax wise as the BIK is based on the invoice value, not list price.

Just saying. :)

Soof. Spotted the new GS 1250 article in MCN. Were you on the GS forum? With the big leap in power and torque, I'm wondering if a bit of de-cat action might get it nearer the KTM SA S and wanna ask around.
Jimmy, you on a GS forum?

My 1200 has gone now. I am waiting to see what the 1250 will be like. No, not on the gs forum, I think I registered there once and posted something, but really don’t remember tbh. I will do some googling as I have heard nothing about the new bike so far.

My 1200 has gone now. I am waiting to see what the 1250 will be like. No, not on the gs forum, I think I registered there once and posted something, but really don?t remember tbh. I will do some googling as I have heard nothing about the new bike so far.
Ukgser? I found it to be the most hostile, racist & confrontational forum I?ve been on.
The bikes ( and brand) are often shunned by real bikers in their combats on their nakeds, but I was given an adventure as a courtesy bike and was seriously impressed.
Moving around the garage with a full tank is grim, there is a definite lack of power in the current model (but my benchmark is a 1299 & RR) , tight filtering is a no no, but somehow it works.
I am keen to have a go on the 1250 when it lands, but will stay away from the twat suit ( their term) or engage in the forum.
Prior to visiting the forum, I wondered why they referred to themselves as tossers.
Answer is a bit Ronseal tbh.

Last edited:
Soof. Spotted the new GS 1250 article in MCN. Were you on the GS forum? With the big leap in power and torque, I'm wondering if a bit of de-cat action might get it nearer the KTM SA S and wanna ask around.
Jimmy, you on a GS forum?

Yes Hugh, but as Rosso has pointed out it is NOT a nice place. It is populated with very narrow minded bigots, with terrible racist, homophobic and extreme right wing tendencies.

I went on it to get information for my trip to South America but 99% of the so called "tossers" on the ukGSer forum have never taken their big adventure toys over the channel and the closest they'll come to off road is a gravel car park.

About a dozen decent members on it in total.

JimmyMac

Thanks Andy, interesting article and congrats on flogging the GS. You making room for more than one new bike?
and thanks Rosso and Jimmy for the heads up on the GS forum. I'll start a new thread in other bikes on here. H

Back