A weekend away

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
Time to cheat on BMW with KTM.

3b4d20833db2238b8518f89f502b5ef8.jpg
ace56c1be82fba652e0ecf043886bda3.jpg
afaa2c167a45d3c76daee8d53760437c.jpg
a7183a2524b587e2db8786e0afad2774.jpg
b34b9b5ec089c186a355cc0662a324ba.jpg
d4c3cad5571b03ddda57033395b99c4c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You slag.
I miss my old KTM
:-(
I thought KTM suck after I sat on BMW, but oh boy, it has such a character. The V engine wants to be raped really badly after every turn's exit.

Yup. I had the best fun in Wales a while back on an RC8R. I did a blast in Wales again on the RR last week and a totally different experience. Much faster than the RC8R TBH.

If there's a criticism you can level at the Sthou it is that it lacks a certain character while undeniably being ruthlessly efficient device

If there's a criticism you can level at the Sthou it is that it lacks a certain character while undeniably being ruthlessly efficient device
It's an efficient cold device. Nothing more nothing less. Can't argue much here.

So then BBB. How did you get to bike dreamland? I can't imagine you blatted it from Calais on the SD?
Stillage to Geneva or a van?
A van down to Brennero. Going from Calais on motoway on SD is going to be very painful.

The picture of the lake and the trees .. do you have a google map ref for that .. i _must_ go and see it for myself .. it looks incredible.

The picture of the lake and the trees .. do you have a google map ref for that .. i _must_ go and see it for myself .. it looks incredible.
It's lake of Carezza. It's on the way to Dolomites valley from Bolzano.

It's lake of Carezza. It's on the way to Dolomites valley from Bolzano. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Nice one 3B. OOI, how did you find out about the roads and rides you did on what looks like a great weekend away?
Reason for asking is I'm planning a trip next year, and I like to start by finding a bunch of recommended rides and then stringing them all together.

Nice one 3B. OOI, how did you find out about the roads and rides you did on what looks like a great weekend away?
Reason for asking is I'm planning a trip next year, and I like to start by finding a bunch of recommended rides and then stringing them all together.
You can't miss a good road in Dolomites or Alps in general.

I would aim at big mountain passes and only take B roads, never motorways. The likes of Stelvio, Gavia, Jaufen, Pordoi, di Giau, Falzarego, Gardena and etc.

Depends where you go exactly I can recommend few roads.

Back