Broken fairing tab 2015 (is it repairable?)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dom501

Reaction score
Hi folks

Just topped my coolant up and went to put the r/h side fairing back on and the little plastic tab at the bottom seems to have snapped off. Can this be fixed?

I do have a photo but I dont know how to upload it

Cheers Dom

A Common problem on Chocolate BMW fairing tabs. Never broke a tab in 30 years of Jap/Italian bikes before.You can get a powder "fusing" material off ebay.It's called Q bond, About a tenner iirc. I did mine with this just be careful not to get the adhesive running on the outside of the panel because once it's on, It's on!

The whole tab has just crumbled into nothing. So I ordered this stuff called Plast-Aid. I'm thinking I can make a new tab with this stuff and, well... Stick it on.
But it's not gonna be quite that easy.

I had the same issue with tabs splitting and/or breaking off due to over-tightening of the panel screws (that's another story as to how they got like that)

My fix was to fabricate tabs from a plastic industrial warning sign I got from work, cut the shapes out, drilled the hole and attached using superglue. Offered the panel up to the bike to check hole alignment and adjusted holes to suit so that the screw will go through, painted them black and they've been secure ever since without any detriment from engine heat.

Back